General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old
Super Moderator

Default Interesting side effect of my Mini 9 experience.. - 04-21-2009, 11:25 AM

I have played with this thing a ridiculous amount. So much so that I even had to buy a second Mini 9. I have played with Windows XP Home, XP Pro, Vista and 7, and also OS X. Not so much with Linux yet, but that may change as I still have my mostly virgin Ubuntu SSD sitting around doing nothing.

Anyway, the side effect? I have already decided that my next laptop is going to be a Mac of some sort. I am truly amazed with OS X. Having really only used Windows for years and years (and a little bit of Linux here and there), I must say that I am thoroughly amazed and impressed by OS X.

Not saying I am going to become an Apple fanboy by any stretch, but I will definitely be a proponent of them unlike I have been in the past.

Anyone else have experiences like this?

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Interesting side effect of my Mini 9 experience.. - 04-21-2009, 12:52 PM

Why buy a Mac why you've got a perfectly capable hackintosh in your hands now? 5x the price for shiny hardware? Not worth it to me 8-)
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator

Default Re: Interesting side effect of my Mini 9 experience.. - 04-21-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltatory
Why buy a Mac why you've got a perfectly capable hackintosh in your hands now? 5x the price for shiny hardware? Not worth it to me 8-)
While I agree completely, I will eventually need something with more horsepower. Either way, I'm still at a minimum a year from that, as my current laptop meets that need for horsepower nicely. And my netbook meets my needs as a Hackintosh nicely too.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides

« What gives with the new Vostro mini? | How much space will IE8 take? »