General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Battery life of 13 netbooks compared, MSI U115 emerges victo - 04-17-2009, 07:29 PM

http://www.netbookchoice.com/2009/04/10 ... ictorious/

Netbook vendors and consumers are placing increasing importance on battery lives. We have seen a number of netbooks announced recently from all of the major players (MSI, Samsung, Asus and Acer) who are trying to push longer and longer lasting battery times. To take the headache out of finding out which ones last the longest, Netbook Review has undertaken the arduous task of comparing the battery life of thirteen different netbooks.
Each of the netbooks were tested with the UserBench Battery 2008 benchmark, which involves stress-testing the battery to an absolute maximum. The author claims that the results present a worse-case scenario and should be the bare minimum life expected. The app plays back a WMV video clip with the display and hard drive set to never switch off. Power management was set to “always on”.
Now it is worth pointing out that the list isn’t like-for-like. Some of the models which have 3-cell batteries (HP Mini 1001TU, Lenovo IdeaPad S10 and Dell Inspiron Mini 12) foot the table, whilst others which have 6-cell batteries (MSI Wind U115 Hybrid, Asus Eee PC 1000HD and Asus Eee PC 901) top the table.
Unsurprisingly, the MSI Wind U115 came top of the table with a battery life of 6 hours and 56 minutes, compared to the Dell Inspiron Mini 12 which lasted only 1 hour and 47 minutes. The Samsung NC10 is not included in the list as it is currently not available in Australia.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled1-8.png (21.9 KB, 9 views)

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#2) Old

Send a message via AIM to weber72 Send a message via Skype™ to weber72
Default Re: Battery life of 13 netbooks compared, MSI U115 emerges victo - 04-17-2009, 07:33 PM

Love that the 'bare minimum' expected from the Mini 9 is still over 3 hours.

I'm really surprised about the Mini 12, though, because I didn't know before your post that they only have 3-cell batteries. What was Dell thinking?

Dell Mini 9 (Alpine White) -- 16GB SuperTalent SSD -- 2GB Kingston RAM -- 8GB Sandisk Ultra II SDHC -- 1.3MP webcam -- Windows 7 RC / Linux Mint 7 RC

« Boot time shootout: MacBook Air v. Dell Mini 9 | Shall i do the needfull »