General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default (Operative?)Lurkers Galore - 03-09-2009, 06:46 AM

From my post count you would think that I am speaking of me. I am a Lurker of sorts in the manner I have been learning from this site and using it's great wealth of knowledge to support my endeavors.

I have been reading the site for about 2 months now and just recently signed up and I even waited a couple of weeks before my first post.

This is my third post. It seems that all 3 of my posts are in reference to what I think are attempts to undermine the popularity of the Dell Mini 9 product.

I have no allegiance to Dell or the Mini 9 but I have noticed a series of posts made by members that only have made one or 2 posts and they were all negative. While no product is perfect and each of us have probably bought something that we had to return, unless we had a truly bad experience we usually wouldn't stop at the first sign of trouble.

I have read where one person complained that the Mini 9 with UBUNTU was no match for thier MAC so they returned it and went back to the MAC (I call BS)

I read where another said that the Dell Mini 9 has no on board speakers (alluding to not being able to hear POST code tones) It does in fact have 2 speakers.

I read where another person complains that the SSD fails after 5 months. They said that their MSI Wind is better. (All Minis come with a 12 month warranty) Why own a Wind and a Mini unless you are addicted to PC's like me?

While all of these could be real world issues, we all know that on many sites that deal with reviews there are people that are paid to give both good reviews and bad. Obviously these are attempts to sway potential consumers one way or the other. (Belkin for one - Yelp.com for another - Do the research and you will find many sites do in fact pay for many of their reviews)

My point is sites like myDellMini.com will have it's share of operatives for and against the highlighted products like the Dell Mini 9. I feel that the informed consumer will be able to weed most of these posts out.

Reader Beware :ugeek:

Mini 9 MacBook Aspen White
Runcore 64GB | 2GB RAM | ATP 16GB C6 SDHC | 1.3 Webcam | Bluetooth | OSX 10.5.6 | Fusion w/Windows XP | CrossOver | DellEFI 1.2A5 | BIOS A04 | 77Whr Battery

Will install OSX for Food
  (#2) Old

Default Re: (Operative?)Lurkers Galore - 03-09-2009, 01:40 PM

well,we are obviously a biased website based on the Dell Mini series of netbooks over other brands. So if people come here to see unbiased comparisons between Dell Minis and other netbooks,then they need to take another look at the URL and think for a second before posting.

Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*

« Tempers Flare as Recession Creeps into Tech (Mini9 Related) | Ladies like the Mini9 »