General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Ladies like the Mini9 - 03-08-2009, 01:28 AM

One of the ladies at work came into my office Thursday and wanted to know if it would be possible for her friend to rent a laptop to take on vacation with her. I told her that was likely but perhaps not the best alternative. I showed her my red Mini 9 and told her I'd bought it for less than $250 delivered.

She examined the Mini 9 for a few minutes; ask a few questions about the purchasing process and thought that both she and her friend would likely buy a Mini. A few minutes later she came back to my office and asked if she could borrow the Mini long enough to show the Receptionist. I, of course, agreed and when she left my office I called up the Mini Outlet page and printed off the price list.

I showed both ladies the price list; told them about accessing the Outlet site; demonstrated calling up the spec sheet on a particular Mini; and briefly walked them through the ordering process. It looks as though I sold three Minis for Dell in about a 20 minute time span. Do you think I should ask for a commission?

Mini 9=Black/64gb RunCore SSD/1.3 camera/Blue Tooth/2gb RAM/WAN Card Slot and running XP PRO
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Ladies like the Mini9 - 03-09-2009, 09:34 AM

I hear ya man. The wife saw mine and gave me the "why didn't I get one" look. Well, she now has one :mrgreen:

-Alpha0ero-
MINI 9 Blk:2GB:64GB:Windows 7 (Lab)
MINI 9 Blk:1GB:16GB:Windows 7
MINI 9 Blk:1GB:8GB:Fedora 10/Ubuntu (Lab)
VAIO UX180:512MB:40GB:Windows XP Tablet (Lab)
VAIO FZ190:4GB:200GB:Windows Vista (Main)
VAIO FE790:2GB:160GB:Windows XP SP3
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Ladies like the Mini9 - 03-09-2009, 09:55 AM

'Ladies'? Have you used a time machine and travelled from the 19th century?
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Ladies like the Mini9 - 03-09-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb
'Ladies'? Have you used a time machine and travelled from the 19th century?
Yes, it was a hardware hack they managed to get into the mini.

Since they had a mini w/o a WWAN card it had lots of internal space and once they cut the casing off the time machine fitting it inside the mini was easy. I imagine getting they might have needed a specialized circuit to drive the flux capacitor off the miniPCIe head though.

Hopefully they'll post pictures soon.

On a related note, my wife took one look at my Mini when it came this past weekend and tried to wrap her head around a laptop that size. She hasn't quite figured out what it can do yet since I'm still getting used to its size and testing the hardware before I start cleaning off the cruft Dell installed and getting it "really set up", but it should be interesting the next time we go on vacation and can offload the digital camera while still on the trip (let alone start uploading and sending pictures to friends and family ).

Dell Mini 9 - Cherry Red. 2GB RAM, 64GB RunCore, BlueTooth, 10.6.7 (working on getting 10.6.8 'working' )
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Ladies like the Mini9 - 03-09-2009, 05:30 PM

"An easy way to sound like a creep is to add the word 'ladies' to the end of things you say. It can be harmless too, but it just makes you a creep." -Demetri Martin

As in... do you like my Mini... ladies?

:mrgreen:

« (Operative?)Lurkers Galore | 2GB of RAM from Dell, $20.99 »