General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-02-2009, 02:19 AM

over the past 2 weeks I've ordered 3 different mini 9s from the outlet. Each time, I get the Order Acknowledged email. After the first order, I waited 4 days, and no other emails came. The order status and my account web pages showed nothing. I called Dell, and they couldn't find any record of the order, and told me I would have to reorder. So I sniped the outlet page, and ordered another on Tuesday and immediately got the Order Acknowledged email, but no further emails. I called Dell Friday afternoon after no emails, and they lost the order again, and that I'd have to reorder again.

So Friday night I ordered one again, and immediately got my Order Acknowledged email. I have my fingers crossed that they won't "lose" this order. I honestly don't see how a company can lose orders like this. It's really frustrating.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-02-2009, 10:14 PM

I finally got through to someone who could help me, albeit in a limited fashion.

Basically, I was told that that ordering online through the outlet was a crap shoot, and no one had any idea of whether your order would go through or not, but chances are that it wouldn't. I got the woman on the phone to admit online ordering for the oulet is a waste of time.

The work around I was told to do was to place a system in my cart, and immediately call the Outlet at 866-492-6721 to actually order the system using the system identifier number. I just placed an order this way, so we'll see if it works.

Hopefully this information will help anyone else attempting an outlet order.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-02-2009, 11:02 PM

Good luck, I hope it works out okay. Hopefully your credit card doesn't get charged for each of those attempts. :?
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-02-2009, 11:22 PM

Either I have incredible luck or the Dell rep is telling you what he or she thinks will satisfy you and make you go away. I just received my third Mini 9; all purchased from the outlet and ordered online. The first was a Christmas gift for my wife, the second for me after I fell in love with hers, and I ordered this one for my daughter's friend (she paid for it). All were received in a timely manner and ours were bought during the holidays with 20% off coupons obtained on mydellmini.com forums. In fact, the only Mini I never got was the new pink that I wanted for my wife's Christmas present; on Dec 18th I gave up and bought a white loaded refurb so she would have something on Christmas morning.
I did have several experiences with errors during Outlet checkout caused by someone else clicking the buy button for the same Mini before I did; but each time I successfully completed an order I got a Mini within a few days. Not sure what is happening in your case, but the outlet does work. Hope you get it sorted out and get one soon, you won't regret it. :?

Black 2GB Memory, 16GB SSD, BT, 1.3 WebCam, Windows 7 Home Premium
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-02-2009, 11:48 PM

I had a somewhat similar experience with the first order for a Mini through the Outlet. I received an immediate e-mail with a Purchase ID number but no follow up with an Order ID number. After three days I e-mailed Dell's support with the text of the Purchase ID e-mail pasted in and received a follow-up with the Order ID in about 8 hours.

Good luck. I hope you get your Mini

Mini 9=Black/64gb RunCore SSD/1.3 camera/Blue Tooth/2gb RAM/WAN Card Slot and running XP PRO
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-03-2009, 12:31 AM

I don't know if this will help at all: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4056&start=10#p34723
Quote:
...Then I ordered my Mini 9, and I never got a confirmation or acknowledgement or shipping email. The order didn't show up in my account under recent orders (but they pulled the funds from my checking account so I know I placed the order), so I had no idea what my order number or transaction number were, and e-mailing a CSR got me absolutely no help, so after some fiddling around their site, I found a way to look up my order info easily.

To look up your order number (Using Billing information):
https://support.dell.com/support/order/ ... ation.aspx

To look up your tracking information based on your order (Reference) number:
FedEx: https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us
UPS: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference

Just use your Order Number as the reference number, and put in your ship-to Zip Code and it should come right up if it's been shipped.

(I've only tried this with FedEx since I haven't gotten any Dell orders via UPS recently)
This wasn't an outlet order, but really they shouldn't be all that different. There's no reason the system should just be losing orders that it has already acknowledged.
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-03-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeosenton
Either I have incredible luck or the Dell rep is telling you what he or she thinks will satisfy you and make you go away. I just received my third Mini 9; all purchased from the outlet and ordered online. The first was a Christmas gift for my wife, the second for me after I fell in love with hers, and I ordered this one for my daughter's friend (she paid for it). All were received in a timely manner and ours were bought during the holidays with 20% off coupons obtained on mydellmini.com forums. In fact, the only Mini I never got was the new pink that I wanted for my wife's Christmas present; on Dec 18th I gave up and bought a white loaded refurb so she would have something on Christmas morning.
I did have several experiences with errors during Outlet checkout caused by someone else clicking the buy button for the same Mini before I did; but each time I successfully completed an order I got a Mini within a few days. Not sure what is happening in your case, but the outlet does work. Hope you get it sorted out and get one soon, you won't regret it. :?
I have also ordered 3 Minis from the Outlet over the past two months. All of the orders were placed online and all 3 of the netbooks were received without incident a few days later. This is the first time I've heard of anyone having a similar problem. Hopefully your latest order has gone through and will arrive soon!

Mini 9 (910): Cherry Red, N270, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB STEC SSD, XP Home
Mini 10v (1011): Passion Purple, N270, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, XP Home
Inspiron 11z (1110): Passion Purple, SU4100, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Win7
Alienware M11x R1: Cosmic Black, SU7300, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Win7
Latitude 2110: Blue Ribbon, N470, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Touchscreen, Win7
Zino HD (400): True Blue, Athlon X2 3250e, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Win7
Plus a few others not discussed here...
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-07-2009, 12:18 AM

After the fourth order went nowhere, I dropped an EECB email to Dell. Within a few hours, I was speaking with a helpful fellow in Dell's Global Escalation Management Team, who told me that Dell's online system has been having problems deleting orders, and that my Mini should be here Saturday. I got a tracking number and everything!
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-07-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotprom
After the fourth order went nowhere, I dropped an EECB email to Dell. Within a few hours, I was speaking with a helpful fellow in Dell's Global Escalation Management Team, who told me that Dell's online system has been having problems deleting orders, and that my Mini should be here Saturday. I got a tracking number and everything!
EECB? I smell another consumerist reader....

Mini9|Obsidian Black|2G ram|32G Runcore|OSX 10.5.7
  (#10) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-07-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadGeek
EECB? I smell another consumerist reader....
guilty as charged.

« My Mini.. NOOOOO!!!...picture inside... | 24 SSDs on a RAID? »