General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#11) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-07-2009, 09:39 AM

We do have a particular smell about us.
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-08-2009, 04:21 PM

I've purchased two Mini 9s from the outlet in the past couple months. Both were "Previously Ordered New." Each were shipped promptly and I received them in just a couple days. However, with the second one they sent the wrong one. I selected one with (and the invoice shows) a 1.3MP webcam and bluetooth. The Mini came with neither. Funny, even checking the Service Tag online shows it is supposed to have those two items. And you can just imagine a barely understandable Customer Service Rep. going through what to do...."Okay, open the lid." "Now, up at the top of the screen is there a little hole?" "That's where the webcam would be."
Gimme a break! It DOESN'T have a webcam....LOL
Soooo, after a couple hours (literally) on the phone, they arranged to build and send me the correct one. Check the status and it shows bluetooth but "No Webcam Option." Now they're REALLY confused with what to do. It'll be here Monday and they said call them then. In the meantime, they said to feel free to use the first one (that will be going back). So I'm giving it a real workout.
I assume they'll take it back with no restocking fee since it was their error (both times). Hope they do 'cause I bought a Mini 10 yesterday....$299 was too good to pass up. I can only imagine how long it will take to sort out all the credit refund, etc. We'll see.

Tom
XPS 420|XPS 420|M1330: Windows 7 x64, Windows 8-8102
M1330: Quad boot: Windows 7 x64, XP Pro x64, Ubuntu, Media Direct
Mini 9: Black, 2GB, 1.3MP Cam, BT, Runcore 32, Windows 7
Mini 10: Black, Z530, Intel 5100 WiFi, OCZ Vertex SSD, XP Pro & Windows 7 (sold)
Mini10v: 2GB, OCZ Vertex, Intel 5100, Windows 7
  (#13) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-10-2009, 03:25 AM

I had the same problem with the one I received. I had ordered one with a webcam, and the one I received had no webcam. The system ID number is different than the one I ordered too.
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-10-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotprom
I had the same problem with the one I received. I had ordered one with a webcam, and the one I received had no webcam. The system ID number is different than the one I ordered too.
Was yours from the Outlet also? Was their solution to send you the webcam parts and have you put the parts in a box with the computer and send back to their repair depot for them to put the webcam in? I told them I didn't buy a repaired computer, I bought a "Previously Ordered NEW" one. Finally, someone arranged to send an exchange. Which, by the way, WAS missing the webcam again when it came today. At least today my experience with Customer Care was rather good. The first person I spoke with arranged to email me a return label and the whole process was concluded in five minutes.

Tom
XPS 420|XPS 420|M1330: Windows 7 x64, Windows 8-8102
M1330: Quad boot: Windows 7 x64, XP Pro x64, Ubuntu, Media Direct
Mini 9: Black, 2GB, 1.3MP Cam, BT, Runcore 32, Windows 7
Mini 10: Black, Z530, Intel 5100 WiFi, OCZ Vertex SSD, XP Pro & Windows 7 (sold)
Mini10v: 2GB, OCZ Vertex, Intel 5100, Windows 7
  (#15) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrtom
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotprom
Was yours from the Outlet also? Was their solution to send you the webcam parts and have you put the parts in a box with the computer and send back to their repair depot for them to put the webcam in? I told them I didn't buy a repaired computer, I bought a "Previously Ordered NEW" one. Finally, someone arranged to send an exchange. Which, by the way, WAS missing the webcam again when it came today. At least today my experience with Customer Care was rather good. The first person I spoke with arranged to email me a return label and the whole process was concluded in five minutes.
Yes it was an outlet purchase. I made a new purchase with the webcam, and confirmed it with a sales rep on the phone that it has a camera. I guess the old one is going back or to eBay.
  (#16) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-10-2009, 04:00 PM

zrtom, robotprom: It's like they do it on purpose. I ordered one without the webcam, they can't seem to get around to putting it together (I ordered during the sale on 27 Feb, should have paid a bit more and bought from the outlet... live, learn, grind teeth.) The two of you WANT the webcam, they seem only to send you ones without. Fun stuff!

Mini9|Obsidian Black|2G ram|32G Runcore|OSX 10.5.7
  (#17) Old

Default Re: Dell keeps losing my outlet orders - 03-11-2009, 12:13 AM

Wow, sorry about all your problems. I must be lucky because I ordered an outlet model on Monday and it shipped the same day (last night) and I'll be getting it tomorrow. The only issues I had with the outlet is that when I would try to add a mini to the cart it would error saying that someone had already put it in their cart.

But their system must be under some load as the number of mini's would constantly change. Everytime I hit filter the results the quantity would fluctuate by a good number.

« My Mini.. NOOOOO!!!...picture inside... | 24 SSDs on a RAID? »