General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Expressing the love... - 02-25-2009, 08:08 PM

Hey all. I finally got my dell mini today!!! I am actually typing on it right now. I am very excited! I have been using it for about a half hour and was going to slap XP pro on it but realized that I messed up the usb install so I am recreating it now. More importantly I just want to let anybody curious about buying one and worrying about the keyboard to not fret. There is some discontent on the power curve on using this thing but I don't think its bad. I have only fat fingered a word 3 times in the last half hour and I have never typed on anything this small before. I am overly happy with this so far and can't wait to get more use out of it. Though I do have to share in the discontent with the " key. I just realized that it is in fact a pain in the you know what. But I will rearrange the keys and be happy! So now I might be able to help with the more mini specific problems! WOOT! (Does a happy dance)

Oh and one other thing. Dell did a fantastic job with the touch pad. I am generally an individual that hates them with a passion but this one seems to be pretty sweet.

-WarMachine
Mini 9 - Obsidian Black - mini XP Pro
32G SSD - 2G ram - 1.3M webcam
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Expressing the love... - 02-25-2009, 08:46 PM

Oh, congrats! So good to know the keyboard is working out. Now I'm even more excited for mine to come, if that's possible.

Jessica
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Expressing the love... - 02-25-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
.. Dell did a fantastic job with the touch pad. I am generally an individual that hates them with a passion but this one seems to be pretty sweet.
i think the only thing i had to do with the touchpad is to install the synaptics driver, undo that draglock thing, and set the speed pretty close to fast. other than that, cant really complain about the touchpad glad to hear that you got it!
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: Expressing the love... - 02-25-2009, 11:49 PM

Cool beans WarMachine! What are your specs?

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Expressing the love... - 02-26-2009, 01:23 AM

Congrats on the delivery! I remember that feeling when mine was delivered ...only mine was delivered to my office, so I had to drive there to pick it up (the only time I'll go to the office on my days off, lol). Have fun with it!
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Expressing the love... - 02-26-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL
Cool beans WarMachine! What are your specs?
I have a Obsidian Black mini with 1.3m cam, 1G ram, 32G SSD and I am installing Ubuntu 8.10 right now. I have a 2G mem module on its way along with a skin! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstar
Congrats on the delivery! I remember that feeling when mine was delivered ...only mine was delivered to my office, so I had to drive there to pick it up (the only time I'll go to the office on my days off, lol). Have fun with it!
Your a better man then me. I still wouldn't go back in for it. I may love my mini but I sure hate my job!! haha

-WarMachine
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Expressing the love... - 02-26-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Your a better man then me. I still wouldn't go back in for it. I may love my mini but I sure hate my job!! haha
Yeah, I don't have much luck just sneaking in and grabbing my packages and leaving, without someone stopping me to ask me where to find this or how to do that! Oh and btw, I hope I'm not a better man than you, since I'm a woman! :lol: No problem, I know what you mean though.
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Expressing the love... - 02-26-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstar
Oh and btw, I hope I'm not a better man than you, since I'm a woman! :lol: No problem, I know what you mean though.
DOH! Well, you are a better individual than me! hahaha So I am installing 8.10 now, gonna come down and help me?

-WarMachine

« Dell Mini - Ubuntu and WLAN | Dell Outlet Ship Times »