General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default App storage - 02-24-2009, 08:39 PM

Okay, this might have been covered before but I am not sure. I did a quick search and didn't see it, but then again I am blind in one eye and I can't see out of the other. I was reading a discussion about portable games and was thinking about how to do it. Then I pulled my thumb drive out of pocket (one of many might I add). I realized that it is a U3 thumb drive. While it may not be able to convert your favorite games to U3 to play on it will hold a lot of apps that we use quite frequently to free up SSD space. I know I have open office, some small games (like sudoku), firefox, and skype on it. Now I will probably still install firefox on the SSD but as for the rest I only use them for a short period of time. It's just a thought and I know it wont be for everyone, but if you are getting a thumb drive anyway I know my 16G Sandisk Cruiser only cost me like 40 bucks and there are plenty of applications I can install to it to free up SSD space for programs and files that I access all the time! Hope this helps somebody (I know there are a lot of u3 haters out there)!

-WarMachine
Mini 9 - Obsidian Black - mini XP Pro
32G SSD - 2G ram - 1.3M webcam

« The Ultimate Netbook is...? | Asus Eee 904HA »