General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Anyone else want a tablet version of the Mini? - 02-23-2009, 08:09 PM

I love my Mini 9, but I would really like a touch-screen tablet version, something like this:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/23/asus ... -critique/

but better!

Assuming that Dell Product Managers read these forums ( :lol: ) does anyone else want to lobby Dell to make something like this?
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Anyone else want a tablet version of the Mini? - 02-23-2009, 08:14 PM

If Dell was reading these forums I hope they would see how terribly unhappy people have been w/ the wait times on new machines.

That said, I think a tablet netbook is over the top. It adds another layer of complexity to a device that should be a simple portable solution.

Black Mini 9 | A04 | 2GB | 32GB Runcore | OS X 10.5.8 | NBI 0.8.3
Wake on USB/Legacy USB: Off | Bluetooth: Not Installed
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Anyone else want a tablet version of the Mini? - 02-23-2009, 11:53 PM

I'd love to do the mod that's floating around youtube- with the 60$ touch screen etc... but I'm sure I'll never get around to it.
  (#4) Old

Send a message via AIM to LegendaryCheez
Default Re: Anyone else want a tablet version of the Mini? - 02-24-2009, 03:40 AM

If the screen was pressure sensitive, I would be all for it. It would be great solution for airbrushing in Photoshop for people who do not have a Wacom tablet.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Anyone else want a tablet version of the Mini? - 02-24-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
If Dell was reading these forums I hope they would see how terribly unhappy people have been w/ the wait times on new machines.
I hope Dell's reading these forums- they're probably not, but just in case: I'm not happy with your shipping department, Dell. Not. happy. at. all.

Oh, and if I had a touch screen on the Mini I could really have fun with Crayon Physics :mrgreen: That would rock.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Anyone else want a tablet version of the Mini? - 02-28-2009, 07:29 PM

not me. why? because it will cost more..
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Anyone else want a tablet version of the Mini? - 03-02-2009, 04:00 AM

I found this video on youtube about using a Wii remote and a little LED in a pen to turn your LCD display into a touchscreen monitor. (The screen part is at about 3 minutes in) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5Ev...eature=related Sounds like an awesome idea for a weekend project!

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OSX 10.6.2 | 1GB Ram | 16GB SSD | Bios A05

« What happened with the Vostro A90? | What happened to the Ad link? »