General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Dell Shipping LOLZ... - 02-21-2009, 07:27 PM

So my scratch and dent Dell Mini 9 was listed as shipped on the 19th. Initially, the estimated delivery date was set at Feb 24-25th 2009. Then it changed to March 3rd. Irritatingly, the shipping company and tracking number were never listed, so there was no way for me to check on the shipment etc... I emailed Dell customer support and got an automated email back directing me to check the "Order Status" page for information on tracking and shipping. The page was, of course where I found no shipping information listed. I checked the page again and now this is the estimated date of arrival:

Shipping Method: 3-5 Business Days
Shipped Date: Data Temporarily Unavailable
Est. Delivery Date: 1/1/0001
Carrier: Data Temporarily Unavailable
Tracking Number: Data Temporarily Unavailable

So apparently, I'm going to have to go back in time to January 1st, 0001 AD to pick up my computer :lol: I'll get right on perfecting that time machine I've been working on.

Anyone else having Dell shipping weirdness?

I emailed them again, I'm assuming their system is experiencing "technical difficulties." Have to say, I'm not to enthusiastic about buying from Dell again. :roll:

ETA: Well, I just called Dell and after getting cut off twice, managed to get a tracking number. It's still scheduled to arrive on the 24th. Phew, so comforting to know I don't have to test my time machine just yet LOL
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Dell Shipping LOLZ... - 02-21-2009, 08:03 PM

i had the exact same issue. they shipped the item faster than they could update their site. they suggest you wait 24-48 hours for shipping info to update, but during that span of time, my scratch n' dent mini had shipped, delivered and was returned to sender. i called dell again and they gave me a healthy upgrade with overnight shipping. i went from 512/8gb to 2gb/32gb, bluetooth and 1.3 webcam. not bad for a 2 week wait.
now i'm not sure what to do with that 16gb runcore i ordered!
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Dell Shipping LOLZ... - 02-21-2009, 09:39 PM

This has happened with my Outlet orders too. Out of curiosity, I just logged in to check my most recent order, and they NEVER updated the tracking info. I've had the computer for about a week now and it still shows the same thing as yours. However, all of my new Dell purchases have tracking information listed. It must just be something about the Outlet!

Mini 9 (910): Cherry Red, N270, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB STEC SSD, XP Home
Mini 10v (1011): Passion Purple, N270, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, XP Home
Inspiron 11z (1110): Passion Purple, SU4100, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Win7
Alienware M11x R1: Cosmic Black, SU7300, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Win7
Latitude 2110: Blue Ribbon, N470, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Touchscreen, Win7
Zino HD (400): True Blue, Athlon X2 3250e, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Win7
Plus a few others not discussed here...
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Dell Shipping LOLZ... - 02-22-2009, 07:37 PM

Yup same thing with me. You must have gotten the 2 day shipping. haha I ordered/shipped mine on the 18th and mine will arrive on the 25th. I never got a confirmation from Dell or anything after a couple of days so I called them up. They were happy to provide me with the tracking number. My order status page isn't updated either. I never email people if I can at all help it though. I using the phone more than anything else in the world but its the only way I can get an intelligent answer out of people, and that's still under debate! :lol:
Anyhow, congrats on your new netbook! I'm sure you are as excited as I am to get it. I am just hoping that by some fluke chance I get mine early. I don't want to wait another 3 days.

-WarMachine
Mini 9 - Obsidian Black - mini XP Pro
32G SSD - 2G ram - 1.3M webcam
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Dell Shipping LOLZ... - 02-24-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Yup same thing with me. You must have gotten the 2 day shipping. haha I ordered/shipped mine on the 18th and mine will arrive on the 25th. I never got a confirmation from Dell or anything after a couple of days so I called them up. They were happy to provide me with the tracking number. My order status page isn't updated either. I never email people if I can at all help it though. I using the phone more than anything else in the world but its the only way I can get an intelligent answer out of people, and that's still under debate! :lol:
Anyhow, congrats on your new netbook! I'm sure you are as excited as I am to get it. I am just hoping that by some fluke chance I get mine early. I don't want to wait another 3 days.
My order was listed as shipped on the 19th, but I don't think it actually was. According to the Fedex tracking number I weaseled out of support, it was just picked up from Dell yesterday. Maybe they boxed it up and set it aside to be shipped, sent the shipping info to the carrier etc... but it wasn't really shipped on the 19th. At least I know I'll have it tomorrow. Have to say, I'm kinda irritated. Because I thought it was coming today, I made a doctors appointment for tomorrow and now I'm going to have to reschedule. If Dell would just be honest about when they ship and when we can expect our machines, life would be so much easier! I mean, you have to sign for it right? So you have to be home when it arrives. It'd be nice to know a few days in advance when it will arrive so you can actually plan around it :roll:

Ah well, at least it will be here tomorrow.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Dell Shipping LOLZ... - 02-24-2009, 02:03 PM

i didnt have to sign for mine..luckily i'm an early bird so i get home from work at around 4:30p.. i just heard a -THUNK- at the front door and there it was. :/ jerks coulda hurt my baby. hahh ace ventura ^_^
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Dell Shipping LOLZ... - 02-24-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade099
i didnt have to sign for mine..luckily i'm an early bird so i get home from work at around 4:30p.. i just heard a -THUNK- at the front door and there it was. :/ jerks coulda hurt my baby. hahh ace ventura ^_^
Oh wow :shock: They didn't make you sign for something that expensive, what if it was delivered to the wrong address or if they left it on the doorstep and someone stole it. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen!
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Dell Shipping LOLZ... - 02-24-2009, 05:42 PM

I've ordered 4. No signing for any of them. No tracking info from the websites either.
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Dell Shipping LOLZ... - 02-24-2009, 06:25 PM

I had to sign for my new Mini, but not the refurbs I've ordered from the Outlet. It might be because of the price differential - I think I read somewhere that Dell only requires signatures on orders valued at $300 and up. I'm not 100% sure, though.

Mini 9 (910): Cherry Red, N270, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB STEC SSD, XP Home
Mini 10v (1011): Passion Purple, N270, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, XP Home
Inspiron 11z (1110): Passion Purple, SU4100, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Win7
Alienware M11x R1: Cosmic Black, SU7300, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Win7
Latitude 2110: Blue Ribbon, N470, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Touchscreen, Win7
Zino HD (400): True Blue, Athlon X2 3250e, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Win7
Plus a few others not discussed here...
  (#10) Old
Administrator

Default Re: Dell Shipping LOLZ... - 02-24-2009, 06:44 PM

My $140 Dell Wasabi order required a signature. Everything I've ordered from Dell (never used the Outlet) has required a signature.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Is this a 12V car adaptor? | Rocketdock setup »