General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Dell Support Owns - 02-17-2009, 10:43 PM

I called in today just to check on the production of my mini. Once I was transferred to the right rep I asked to check on my order and to go ahead and upgraded my shipping to next day (I had 3-5 day delivery before) because I can't wait any longer, so let's recap thiss...

I ordered 2/7/09
Estimated Ship date 2/18/09
Estimated Delivery 2/23-25/09

Dell rep told me that the screens are currently back ordered so he'll bump my mini for urgent assembly (yah dah yah dah) and upgrade my delivery to next day fohh freeee.

So now I'm expecting my mini on the 2/19/09, says the rep and the Order Status site on Dell.com

Woot woot, so if you don't already have next day shipping, call in like 2 days before it's supposed to ship, and go for upgraded shipping for free!
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Dell Support Owns - 02-18-2009, 03:31 PM

Do you have the contact info of who you spoke to? With other people ordering after me and shipping first, I want to make that call today or tomorrow. I ordered on the 6th and had an estimated ship date of the 20th. So its just BS that you ordered after me but had a sooner ship date. ARG!!!

Black Mini 9 | A04 | 2GB | 32GB Runcore | OS X 10.5.8 | NBI 0.8.3
Wake on USB/Legacy USB: Off | Bluetooth: Not Installed
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Dell Support Owns - 02-19-2009, 04:01 AM

FYI, I was given the same treatment when I called in to get the price of my order adjusted (I ordered before the $199 sale). They had me place a new order and they cancelled my old order. Then she said she put in a "request to expedite" and upgraded my shipping. I'm not holding my breath though, based on the stories I've read here...
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Dell Support Owns - 02-19-2009, 09:34 PM

I just called Support and they upgraded me to 1 day shipping for free. Very friendly rep who gave me his direct number and told me to call if there were any problems. Thanks for the advice!

~Lindsey

Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black, Ubuntu 8.04, 512RAM, 8G SSD...waiting on delivery!
Planned upgrades: Runcore 16G or 32G SSD, 2GRAM, update Ubuntu, skin, sleeve, and case.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Dell Support Owns - 02-20-2009, 02:58 AM

Could you share that direct number so that if mine gets delayed tomorrow I can call this nice rep and see if he'll help me out?

(#6) Old

Send a message via AIM to Macobyte Send a message via Skype™ to Macobyte
Default Re: Dell Support Owns - 02-20-2009, 05:34 PM

Yeah, they called me after my order to verify everything and the rep and I wound up having a really nice conversation about college football, lol. Seems like Dell's really turned around.

Mini9: 1.6GHz Atom / 2GB RAM / 64GB SSD / OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Dell Support Owns - 02-20-2009, 05:43 PM

Okay, seriously. Where are you getting ahold of these people that are actually willing to help?!?!

My Mini has an "estimated ship date" of today (the 20th). I just called again...the automated crap told me it was in the "boxing phase" (slight excitement) after FINALLY reaching Bangladesh the woman I spoke to told me that the automated system is screwed up and its reporting EVERY order as being in this boxing phase. I told her that I need this thing to ship because I'm going out of town on business and I have to have the unit (truth), she told me that there has been a production delay and now my estimated time of delivery is the 27th-5th and there is no way to expedite the order. I said, "Okay well if that is the case, I need to cancel the order so I can get the unit elsewhere. I can't wait that long." then she said, "Your order cannot be canceled because it is too far into the production phase." At that point I was furious. Told her, "So what you're telling me is that my money is in limbo indefinitely, nothing can be done about it, and I just need to sit on my hands. Thank you for the best customer support I've ever had." And hung up. I swear. These people are irritating as hell.

(#8) Old

Default Re: Dell Support Owns - 02-20-2009, 07:23 PM

I just received a phone call from my rep stating that my order just entered the boxing phase and would be shipped in 2-3 business days. Again, I'm not holding my breath
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Dell Support Owns - 02-20-2009, 07:51 PM

I just got the, "Hey, you're not getting your computer!" email from Dell. Now they're saying the 26th. I'm just irritated. I'm gonna call again and see if I can cancel it.

(#10) Old

Default Re: Dell Support Owns - 02-21-2009, 05:29 AM

I would really be interested if someone had a direct number that wouldn't send your call half way around the world. I'm tired of the so called support techs simply reading responses off a cue card.

Mine: Black Mini 9 - 8GB STEC | 2GB RAM | 1.3 Cam | BT | 8GB SDHC | Carbon Fiber Skin
Hers: Black Mini 9 - 8GB STEC | 2GB RAM | 1.3 Cam | BT | 8GB SDHC
Test: Black Mini 9 - 16GB STEC | 1GB RAM | 16GB SDHC | OSX

« Dell Outlet: speed, speed, speed! | Happy Birthday phoenix.stu! »