General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#11) Old

Default Re: Yaysville, Population: 9 - 02-18-2009, 05:38 PM

Im actually going to stick with the 16gig for now. I may upgrade, but it will be awhile. Ill probably wait until W7 for that.

As for my shipment: Both Ground and Express has shown up at our office today. I called FedEx, and Dell sent my package FedEx ground HOME DELIVERY... We close at 4pm, FedEx only guarantees delivery before 6.... I TOLD the Dell sales REP, (who put the order together for me,) that this was my business address. Now I have to either possibly hang around at work for an extra 2 hours or wait until the next day...

Fingers crossed that it will get here before 4pm. :evil:

BTW: Yes, I paid for 2 day air

(#12) Old

Default Re: Yaysville, Population: 9 - 02-18-2009, 06:49 PM

I just got off the phone w/ those horrid people. The response I got was, "Because the unit you ordered was the base model w/ no additional configurations it is in higher demand because of the lower price. Therefore it will take longer to fill the order. Customers who purchased upgraded units (which are in lower demand) will ship faster."

So basically, if you're cheap you get shoved at the bottom with the masses. But if you upgrade, you spent more money and that entitles you to faster shipping.

Black Mini 9 | A04 | 2GB | 32GB Runcore | OS X 10.5.8 | NBI 0.8.3
Wake on USB/Legacy USB: Off | Bluetooth: Not Installed
  (#13) Old
Administrator

Default Re: Yaysville, Population: 9 - 02-18-2009, 07:55 PM

It may be more that they have a limited number of each configuration, and if you order a high-demand configuration you will have to wait longer.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Yaysville, Population: 9 - 02-18-2009, 08:55 PM

I orderd mine Jan 4 ans received it on the 21, mine was upgraded though. waiting for is agonizing but it is well worth it. remember good things come to those who wait, and that is most certainly the case with these awesome machines.
  (#15) Old

Default Re: Yaysville, Population: 9 - 02-18-2009, 08:57 PM

That's the basic gist of what I got. Now, that being said, it doesn't really seem like an effective way to sell a product. Ideally, they'd have all of the models w/ the common components assembled, MB, screen, casing, etc and then build the other custom order items in as the orders come across rather than just building EACH one.

Also, just got off the phone w/ a buddy who ordered new on the 2nd (16GB/512/Webcam). His was supposed to ship on the 18th, they pushed it back to the 25th, and when he called about it they told him it would now be mid MARCH! So I don't understand how Dell is putting these things in order, but it sounds like they're just pulling names out of a hat for who gets first service.

Black Mini 9 | A04 | 2GB | 32GB Runcore | OS X 10.5.8 | NBI 0.8.3
Wake on USB/Legacy USB: Off | Bluetooth: Not Installed
  (#16) Old

Default Re: Yaysville, Population: 9 - 02-19-2009, 01:28 AM

Well, I told them I needed it for work and also to be able to offer some form of suggestion to my customers if they decide to go with a netbook. This was the truth, but the person I ordered with may have "pushed" it along a little faster because of that. I cant say that is for sure, but you never know.

This is a nice little machine! Its gonna take a little time to get used to the keyboard, but im extremely impressed in the size of this thing LOL.

« choppy video on hulu | Boinc-Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing »