General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Anyone else think an xps netbook would be a hot item? - 02-09-2009, 08:18 PM

I posted in the Asus post off of someone elses quote stating he knew of 8 personal friends that would pay $500 to $600 for an xps styled netbook, and I agreed, so I wondered if anyone else thought it would be a sweet design to have an xps design built into a 9-10" netbook? Maybe Dell is snooping around on here and would listen.

Red Dell Mini 9, 64GB Runcore ssd, 2GB ram, os X 10.5.6, bluetooth, camera. The Dell mini is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default Re: Anyone else think an xps netbook would be a hot item? - 02-10-2009, 12:37 AM

Which aspects of the XPS line would appeal to you? Flashing, multicolor LEDs around the edge? Fancy logo on the lid? Hernia-inducing weight?

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Anyone else think an xps netbook would be a hot item? - 02-10-2009, 03:25 AM

Don't know what would all entail a XPS system but I would be interested in a 10" netbook, edge to edge keyboard, GPS, ion platform with dual core atom processor, 128GB SSD, all wrapped in an aluminum housing.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Anyone else think an xps netbook would be a hot item? - 02-10-2009, 04:33 AM

yes,it would be a hot item,quite literally in fact

Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*
  (#5) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Anyone else think an xps netbook would be a hot item? - 02-10-2009, 05:13 AM

Eh, already been done. If a Mini12 is a netbook, then 12" is in, and if 12" is in, XPS 1210..

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Anyone else think an xps netbook would be a hot item? - 02-10-2009, 05:22 AM

I guess you could consider the 1210 a netbook. I wasn't meaning any internals, I was just meaning the actual styling of the casing, put into a 9-10" format. Even though I know xps has had it's flaws (along with all computers), I have always thought the styling was sharp. I guess too, I really kind of gotten sick of competition that feels like is going on between the different companies seeing how much gloss and how many glossy surfaces they can fit on their notebooks. Whatever happen to less is more (hence apples computers). You think someone would take a cue and try fro cleanliness, because not everyone wants to be flashy. So that is why I started this thread. I just always like the cleanliness of the xps casing.

Red Dell Mini 9, 64GB Runcore ssd, 2GB ram, os X 10.5.6, bluetooth, camera. The Dell mini is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Anyone else think an xps netbook would be a hot item? - 02-10-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7
I posted in the Asus post off of someone elses quote stating he knew of 8 personal friends that would pay $500 to $600 for an xps styled netbook,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle

Re: ASUS up's the ante...does Dell call,raise, or fold?

Postby jdizzle on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:06 am
**Kinda like an Inspiron vs. XPS scenario. I personally know 10 people with dell minis and 13 more with HP/Acer/ASUS netbooks. at least 8 including myself would pay up to US$500 for a *XPS* netbook maybe even $600 if thats what it meant to *ULTRA* portable.**
A couple of those 8 constantly tell me I don't clarify myself very well.

By XPS styled netbook, I was simply talking about pushing the Atom to it's limit. I've annoyed other threads with my banter about the 330 dual core. After having used that for 3 months now, I think it would make a great addition to the netbook arena. Pair it up with a capable GPU(Ion or whatever) and we've laid the foundation for an *XPS* netbook.

Doesn't even have to be DELL, could be someone completely out of left field, just as long as it's glued together as well as my Mini 9.
As far as the STYLING of the XPS line, I wouldn't pay $200, well maybe 200 but I'd have to do a case mod. Ideally ,for me, something along the way of a flat or matte finish in black or charcol(think WD passport usb HDD finish) or a combo of both with uninterrupted lines ala mac. Simple molds keep the cost down I would imagine. Aluminum would be cool but pricy and I would cry if it got dinged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4
Which aspects of the XPS line would appeal to you? Flashing, multicolor LEDs around the edge? Fancy logo on the lid? Hernia-inducing weight?
Just wanted to clear my good name of any association to flashing case lights and gaudy case logs. Think Moenfrom moen.com

Studio 1458 | Fingerprint magnet black Windows 7
Diztop D945GCLF2 | dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor 330
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Anyone else think an xps netbook would be a hot item? - 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM

jacking the price up because of the Aluminum, goes against the point of the cheapness that is essentially Netbooks, and what the Atom processor is made for.

Besides,go look at that info on the Dell Adamo

Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Anyone else think an xps netbook would be a hot item? - 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM

jdizzle: Sorry for misunderstanding what you were saying in your other post.

teeth_03: I do like the Adamo style very much. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if they come out with a 10" or less model, but first they have to get the first model out.

(#10) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Re: Anyone else think an xps netbook would be a hot item? - 02-10-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeth_03
yes,it would be a hot item,quite literally in fact
LOL

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

« m1330 hdmi out | Hi I'm new »