General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-05-2009, 12:56 AM

The order from Dell makes it look like I have to be home to sign. Ugh! I hate when they do this on relatively cheap things.

-John
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-05-2009, 01:31 AM

Unsure on this one. I had a mini overnighted and had to sign for that. Then had two come standard delivery, both of those were just left on my front deck. Had a few small things come from them, can't remember if I had to actually sign for those or not. I was rather suprised they just left the mini on the front deck though.
  (#3) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-05-2009, 02:02 AM

No, FedEx didn't even KNOCK when they dropped mine on the porch. Really pissed me off, actually. Right up there with the PC I shipped to a friend, and they delivered to the wrong house (same deal, dropped on a porch and run).. Spent a week tracking it down.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-05-2009, 02:23 AM

I was able to print out a form to sign and leave taped to the door when I bought a cheap case from the Apple Store. The form was on the Apple site, but I would guess you could also find it on the Fedex site.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-05-2009, 09:46 PM

Mine came standard delivery via FedEx, a day early in fact. I was not there, and they did not leave it; they left the usual tag to let me know they had been buy, but that I had to sign for it. They came back the next day and I signed.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-05-2009, 09:53 PM

Standard fedex shipping for my mini. They left it on my porch while I was at work.
No signature was required.

Dell Mini 9 | Black | 2GB RAM | 32GB RunCore SSD | 1.3Mp Webcam
Asus Eee 1000HA | Black | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | Dell 360 BT | dual boot: XP SP3; Ubuntu-eee 8.04.1
Dell Mini 9 | White | 2GB RAM | 4GB SSD
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-05-2009, 10:06 PM

if you read on dell's site, if it is a computer order under $300, no signature is required. so my $273 refurb mini9 required no sig
  (#8) Old

Send a message via AIM to Natlus
Default Re: Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-06-2009, 05:00 AM

Didn't have to sign for mine. The delivery guy dropped it off, rang the door bell, and ran... like he was dumping a baby on my door step.

(#9) Old

Default Re: Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Well, I ended up having to take the morning off so I would be there to sign for it. The hardest part was leaving charging at home and coming in to work after FedEx dropped it off.

-John
  (#10) Old

Default Re: Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-08-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natlus
Didn't have to sign for mine. The delivery guy dropped it off, rang the door bell, and ran... like he was dumping a baby on my door step.
they did the same thing to me too.. knock on the door and just ran off!. i'm like wtf? i like UPS better.. FexEx sucks

« what is the usb milliamp voltage output | Awesome deal should I go for it? »