General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#11) Old

Default Re: Does Dell require signature for FedEx delivery in US? - 02-09-2009, 01:49 AM

The FedEx guy delivered mine while I was plowing my drive, just handed it over, didn't even ask if I lived there, I could have been a service for all he knew. Also, last year I had bought over $4k of computer stuff that came in 3 large boxes. I left a note to leave it in the back breezeway if no signature was required, or to try again the next day, so they left it outside of my rear breezeway, in a puddle, in the rain! Nothing was ruined, and I had gotten free shipping, so I didn't raise a fuss, but beware, they can be real idiots some time!
  (#12) Old

Default Sorry about just finding this page, lol - 12-04-2010, 07:19 AM

I am new here, saw this and KNEW I could answer your questions. I drive for FedEx. We require and indirect signature. That little slip on your door//window//misc. at the bottom there is a rectangle you can sign in waving all liabilities of fedex on anything going wrong with your package. If you are NOT home, we will NOT leave it, unless we were there the day prior or you stick a note on your door giving us permission to leave it. (Side not) To the person whom your driver just left without your signature, file a complaint. Call 1(800)GO-FEDEX. They will help you. I quit UPS to work for these guys and believe me, your much better off sending through FedEx Ground//Home//Express//CustomCritical than sending UPS. Plus it's cheaper. Not me sluing on UPS, Just simple facts. Hopefully I may have helped a little.

Oh yeah, additionally. If your little sticker have a check in the DIRECT signature portion of the 'Door Tag' you MUST be present, or pick up at the FedEx location you are instructed to go to when you call with your tracking number. Also, FedEx seems to appreciate customers a lot more than UPS, something to do with the unionization of UPS, I promise. So if you ask them to drop it at another address and tell them you are giving that person permission to sign. (Please if it's alcohol, send it where you can have a verified 21+ signature on the package, because we will lose are jobs and we will check)

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitz_dv View Post
The FedEx guy delivered mine while I was plowing my drive, just handed it over, didn't even ask if I lived there, I could have been a service for all he knew. Also, last year I had bought over $4k of computer stuff that came in 3 large boxes. I left a note to leave it in the back breezeway if no signature was required, or to try again the next day, so they left it outside of my rear breezeway, in a puddle, in the rain! Nothing was ruined, and I had gotten free shipping, so I didn't raise a fuss, but beware, they can be real idiots some time!
There are idiots everywhere, depicting that FedEx solely is the problem is ignorant. Ask the UPS driver I got fired when I was 15 cause he sat mine in a puddle ruined 10,000 worth of merchandise I can't recover from an inheritance with dog **** on the box. Thank you UPS.

« what is the usb milliamp voltage output | Awesome deal should I go for it? »