General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#11) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet Shipping Question - 04-13-2009, 02:08 PM

Well,
Ordered 4/8. Dell sent email that said 'shipped' on 4/9 @ 4am. Still no tracking number provided as of 4/13. Wondering if it really shipped or not??..!!

Mini9 - Black - 2GB RAM - 4GB STEC HD
OS - Ubuntu 9.04
  (#12) Old
Super Moderator

Default Re: Dell Outlet Shipping Question - 04-13-2009, 02:19 PM

I never got a tracking number with my first one. Second one hasn't shipped yet, but I suspect it will be the same. Buddy of mine who has ordered from the Dell Outlet multiple times has never received tracking info either.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#13) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet Shipping Question - 04-13-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguish
I never got a tracking number with my first one. Second one hasn't shipped yet, but I suspect it will be the same. Buddy of mine who has ordered from the Dell Outlet multiple times has never received tracking info either.
Thanks. that's good to know so I don't waste time looking for it or wondering if it really shipped or not. Surprised Dell's tracking system isn't better.
J.

On a side note, I got my 2GB RAM upgrade from newegg today (ordered same day as Mini 9) along with an 8GB SD. I'll have to post some pics b/c words can't describe the mutilation that took place to the bubble packaging and the plastic case the RAM chip is in.. wow, UPS.. not cool. The bubble package was so bad they taped it to another soft plastic bag and shipped in that. It looks like it went through a shredder or something, defiantly not man-made mutilation.. only a machine could cause that type of destruction...
(SD card came in separate package which was fine except for the visible shoe print on the envelope..)
Don't know if either work yet.

OS - Ubuntu 9.04
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet Shipping Question - 04-14-2009, 05:57 AM

I should have bought a refurb. My Ubuntu Mini 9 was ordered during the sale 3/24 with no real options save a 16GB SSD.

It still has not shipped or even charged my CC.

life is participation in evolution
  (#15) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet Shipping Question - 04-14-2009, 06:47 PM

Just got mine.
Outlet order on 4/8 @ 11:30am EST
Arrived today, 4/14 @ 2:30.

Already updated the bios to A05, going to install Ubuntu 9.04 and upgrade RAM to 2GB next.
First impressions:
- General look style/feel is awesome. Keyboard will take some getting practice... looking forward to trying.
- Don't like the version of Ubuntu installed.... won't be long until it's gone.
Off to try out more mini-stuff.
J.
[attachment=2:1ivyadzz]0414091408c.jpg[/attachment:1ivyadzz]
[attachment=1:1ivyadzz]0414091409b.jpg[/attachment:1ivyadzz]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0414091408c.jpg (453.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 0414091409b.jpg (390.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 0414091410c.jpg (492.4 KB, 1 views)

OS - Ubuntu 9.04
  (#16) Old
Retired Mini user

Default Re: Dell Outlet Shipping Question - 04-14-2009, 07:32 PM

Got my first refurb today from the Outlet. Ordered it last week Friday, got it this morning, so shipping was fast.

It came in a different box than the usual Mini 9 shipping carton, it was more like a "coffin" type packaging, wrapped in plastic and suspended in the box with two huge foam holders. Power supply and manuals were in a cardboard separator to the side.

There was some remnant white paper and adhesive on the bottom near the card reader, which came off after rubbing at it. Other than the big green refurb sticker, it looks brand new. No scratches/dents/etc.

I had planned to upgrade the drive to 16GB, but right now I have 2.5GB free of 8GB with the base Windows XP install, so I may pass on that. I'll let the wife decide if she wants that or to move to Windows 7 and a bigger drive.

Getting an iPad
  (#17) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet Shipping Question - 04-14-2009, 08:00 PM

Only setback for me so far is the 2GB module I got from newegg (that came crushed and in shredded packaging) doesn't want to work.... based on the packaging (and the plastic RAM case was crushed as well) I'm not surprised it doesn't work.. newegg RMA time.
J.

OS - Ubuntu 9.04
  (#18) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet Shipping Question - 04-14-2009, 11:38 PM

I'm fortunate to live within a few hours drive of the outlet (near Nashville, TN). I ordered mine on a Sunday night, showed shipped by the end of Monday, finally figured out how to track it via FedEx (use the order number as a reference) and it was here on Wednesday morning.

My wife's was faster. I ordered hers on a Tuesday night, showed shipped on Wednesday, and arrived Thursday morning.

Both of those were with the standard "3 to 5 day free shipping" option.

« Netbooks, Google Android Look to Thrive Despite the Economy | Three OSs. One External HD/File System »