General Discussion General discussion on...anything!
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: HELP WITH MINI DECISIONS, 9 or 12, GOOD DEAL? HELP ASAP - 02-04-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm going to skip a couple of your questions (I have a 9 not a 12).
1. No 2GB upgrade for Mini 12. The chipset limits it to 1GB.
4. A lot of people around here (myself included) have gotten internal CD/DVD drives with external enclosures. It is about the cheapest solution.
5. Dell sells several cases for the Mini 9. It really depends on what you need.
6. Yes. It is a good little media computer. However, I've had a little choppiness with higher res. videos in iTunes.
8. I don't have to scroll too much for the sites I visit. I had an Everex Cloudbook which required mega amounts of horizontal scrolling because of the 800X480 resolution. Using the fullscreen mode in your browser is quite helpful too.
9. One of the main differences between the 12 and the 9 is the hard drive. The 9 uses a solid state drive, and the 12 uses a 1.8" HDD. From my experience, 1.8" HDDs tend to be a bottleneck.
10. Whatever floats your boat.
Check the outlet for deals (if you haven't already). There are coupons sometimes.
p.s. All caps hurts my head.
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.