General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Mini9's Popularity - 01-28-2009, 02:41 AM

Ever since I bought my refurb'ed Mini9, I seem to have a constant flow of visitors at my cubicle at work wanting to see it. In less than a week's time, two coworkers have placed their orders and I have about 3 friends that also are on the verge of ordering. The 20% off coupons for the refurb's is helping too. Is anyone else out there having the same things happen? It seems everywhere I take it, it gets a lot of attention.
  (#2) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Mini9's Popularity - 01-28-2009, 03:47 AM

Yup, same here.. Most of my family has either ordered one, or plans to soon. I get questions about it quite a bit when I'm using it out in public. Definitely a great machine, and the price is perfect.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#3) Old

Send a message via AIM to n4s720
Default Re: Mini9's Popularity - 01-28-2009, 01:44 PM

I work in a secondary school in Spain and all the other teachers are amazed by it. At least two or three are going to buy one for themselves.

Black Mini 9, 16 gig SSD, 1 gig of RAM, 1.3mpx webcam, bluetooth, Windows XP
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Mini9's Popularity - 01-28-2009, 03:52 PM

I am a Respiratory Therapist, and we use Fujitsu Lifebooks at the hospital I work at. After seeing my mini 9, my boss was asking what they cost, he was surprised. He is thinking about switching over to them. We could get refurbished models and outfit our department at three different divisions, for about the price of 4 of the Fujitsu models, and we use about 30 of those things at any given time. Plus the mini 9 is sooooo much faster with the ssd and larger memory.

MSI P45 Platinum
Intel Q6600 @ 3.6ghz
Thermalright 120 Extreme
BFG 8800GT OC
Accelero S1V2
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
4GB Crucial DDR2 800
Antec Nine Hundred
Vista 64 Ultimate
LG Flatron W2452T
Dell Mini 9 16gb SSD 1GB memory 1.3mp Web Cam
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Mini9's Popularity - 01-28-2009, 06:02 PM

The day after Christmas I was in line at the register at Office Depot. I was shopping for a case, didn't find one there, and set the Mini down on the counter to pay for something else. The customer behind me looks at it sitting there and asks "Is that a laptop?". I answer in the affirmative, show it to him, and he says "Wow, I didn't know I needed one." The kid running the register was impressed too. It doesn't come to work with me, security says no personal machines, no PDAs, no flashdrives, no floppies, etc. so I can't show it off here. Oh well.
hairball
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Mini9's Popularity - 01-29-2009, 01:46 AM

I pull out my mini when I go to and from school on the train. And I seem to get a couple comments each day. It's a little annoying to have people looking over your shoulder to check out what you got and what you're doing. Get your own eh?
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Mini9's Popularity - 01-29-2009, 04:36 AM

I usually pull out my mini 9 in the library at my school, I get two to three people a day asking me if it is a laptop, how much does it cost, how does it perform, etc. It was cool at first but now its a little annoying :? . My school is even thinking of outfitting a couple classrooms with these bad boys
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Mini9's Popularity - 01-29-2009, 09:28 AM

The main advantages for me are:
1: perfect adjusted Ubuntu Distribution
2: silent working.

I had Asus 701 and Acer Aspire One-they are both good, but those 2 things are to me very important and i heard that from a lot of people
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Mini9's Popularity - 01-30-2009, 04:31 PM

2 of my friends purchased after showing my mini w/ osx running. 1 new and 1 outlet using a coupon.
  (#10) Old

Default Re: Mini9's Popularity - 01-30-2009, 09:25 PM

I've told a bunch of folks at work about the Mini 9...we are all, however, waiting patiently for mine to actually be delivered so I can show them as well. All were very impressed and I'm sure there will be some purchases due to people seeing it in action.

Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black, 64GB Runcore SSD, 2GB RAM, BT, 1.3MP, IOGEAR BT Mouse, 500GB WD Elite HD, LG GP08 DVD Drive, 16GB Transcend SDHC, AT&T Quicksilver 3G Aircard, Timbuktu Sleeve, Case Logic Case

« Win SteadyState speeds up SSD drives? | #1 umpctopsites »