General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Dell Mini 9 (910) No LEDs, No battery charge, won't run off AC either - 05-02-2011, 09:30 PM

My Dell Mini 9 (910) is from 2008. The LEDs will not light up at all when I plug it in to charge it. If I take the battery out, the Laptop won't run off AC alone. Could it still be a battery issue or something more serious because it won't run off the AC adapter?
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 05-03-2011, 02:11 PM

most likely its either the AC Adapter itself, the plug/connector inside the Mini or the MoBo

PS. Welcome to the forum......

BTW: If you happen to try another AC Adapter verify the polarity of the center pin (+/-) the Minis are (+) in the center and also verify that it is 30watt which is what the Mini's use, otherwise you will have other problems too....its probably not the battery if it doesnt work of just the AC alone....if it is the adapter then the battery is probably dead now and thats why it aint working, the entire time you thought is was charging it wasnt..

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

Last edited by rrfranczak3; 05-03-2011 at 02:17 PM.
  (#3) Old

Default 05-03-2011, 10:09 PM

I had the same problem a few days ago. Very scary. Does your yellow battery indicator flash sometimes? if so it might be the same thing.My plug-in adaptor was the problem. Oddly my Mini wouldn't run off the battery either when disconnected. I left mine for a while, and just kept trying to switch it on. Took a while but all of a sudden everything back to normal. Battery was fine, just the adaptor. Gave it a good kicking and then threw it in the bin. Good luck.

« Dell Order Tracking Problems (U.K.) | USB not recognized april 2011 »