General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default DropVox iPhone App - Recordings Uploaded Straight to Dropbox! - 05-01-2011, 12:00 AM

Hey guys so I came across this app called DropVox, and I love it so much I thought I would share the message with you, especially since many of us Dell Mini users are students.

So what is DropVox? It's a very simple iPhone app that records audio and automatically uploads it to your DropBox account.It's really just that simple. The user interface is suuuuper simple, which kind of bugs me as a power user because customization is minimized, but it gets the job done.

What I personally use it for is recording lectures in college (While I could use my Mini 10v to record, its mic quality isn't nearly as good as the iPhone's). At the end of lecture, it uploads the file to Dropbox and syncs it to my Dell Mini 10v and my main laptop (XPS M1530). Now I no longer have to sync my iPhone every time I want to get an audio lecture on my computer. Just be wary though, for longer lectures you have to leave your iPhone with the DropVox app open for it to upload, it seems like it can't upload in the background. This is a small bug, hopefully they fix it in a future update. Anyways, check it out, hopefully you guys will find it useful too!

Mini 10v | 2GB RAM | Atom N270 | BIOS A04 | 160GB HDD | Windows 7/Snow Leopard

Last edited by holmes4; 05-01-2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Removed referral link
  (#2) Old

Default 05-18-2011, 03:14 PM

Hmmm, seems pretty cool. I have heard excellent things about dropbox. You wouldn't happen to know if there's an android app for this?

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC

Tags
audio, dropbox, dropvox, record, sync

« Dell is REALLY starting to piss me off! | nettop/htpc »