General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Send a message via AIM to PDADoc Send a message via MSN to PDADoc Send a message via Yahoo to PDADoc Send a message via Skype™ to PDADoc
Default Hmmm, forum not very busy - 03-07-2011, 09:01 PM

I know I'm new, but I came here hoping to get some feedback on theories regarding my newly-acquired Mini 1012 and to have some questions answered. I'm surprised not to have seen more activity in the 1012 and the mobile broadband forums; I hope that changes.

Also, has anyone else experienced not getting notifications for responses to threads they subscribe to? Since I joined, I have had instant e-mail notification enabled but haven't received one e-mail telling me there's been a new post. My e-mail is working fine, as it is the same one I use for all forums in which I post, and I continue to receive e-mails from those, it's only this one that doesn't send me one.
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 03-07-2011, 09:25 PM

The activity seems to come and go. I don't see a lot of action regarding the 1012 or 1018, even the Duo hasn't generated the interest I thought it would. Mobile broadband is a smaller audience, especially in the US.

I have no idea about forum subscriptions - don't use that myself.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 03-07-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDADoc View Post
I know I'm new, but I came here hoping to get some feedback on theories regarding my newly-acquired Mini 1012 and to have some questions answered. I'm surprised not to have seen more activity in the 1012 and the mobile broadband forums; I hope that changes.

Also, has anyone else experienced not getting notifications for responses to threads they subscribe to? Since I joined, I have had instant e-mail notification enabled but haven't received one e-mail telling me there's been a new post. My e-mail is working fine, as it is the same one I use for all forums in which I post, and I continue to receive e-mails from those, it's only this one that doesn't send me one.
In order for you to receive emails, 1st you must have it enabled... 2nd you will only get emails on threads that you have subscribed to, in other words actually gone in to and posted a reply/comment then you will get the updates when a new reply/comment is made and 3rd (most important)..make sure that your spam filter in your email is set to allow mail from mydellmini.com to get through

PS. sometimes it does get annoying though...I have mine enabled and I get sometimes TOO MANY emails from the site..but I dont think there is anyway to limit it either......I will get an email when you reply to this comment...it will also show me what you said without actually have to come into mydellmini to read it.....(I use Outlook)

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

Last edited by rrfranczak3; 03-07-2011 at 10:57 PM.
  (#4) Old
Guru

Default 03-07-2011, 11:07 PM

These forums are primarily hackintosh support. That's where the activity is

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#5) Old

Send a message via AIM to PDADoc Send a message via MSN to PDADoc Send a message via Yahoo to PDADoc Send a message via Skype™ to PDADoc
Default 03-08-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfranczak3 View Post
In order for you to receive emails, 1st you must have it enabled... 2nd you will only get emails on threads that you have subscribed to, in other words actually gone in to and posted a reply/comment then you will get the updates when a new reply/comment is made and 3rd (most important)..make sure that your spam filter in your email is set to allow mail from mydellmini.com to get through

PS. sometimes it does get annoying though...I have mine enabled and I get sometimes TOO MANY emails from the site..but I don't think there is anyway to limit it either......I will get an email when you reply to this comment...it will also show me what you said without actually have to come into mydellmini to read it.....(I use Outlook)
That's the confounding part of this: everything you've mentioned has been done; I'm no novice when it comes to this and wouldn't have posted without checking all that, LOL! Although I can understand how one might make such an assumption.

Even with all that, I didn't get notification on this thread, either. It's bugging the heck out of me. And nope, it's not making its way into any spam filters, either.
  (#6) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 03-08-2011, 12:40 AM

the only thing I see different in your profile is that you have display email set to no where as mine is yes..dont think that would matter but everything else in yours looks ok...I got the email when you replied

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#7) Old

Default 03-08-2011, 07:13 AM

I changed my e-mail address to another one, let's see if that makes any difference.
  (#8) Old

Default 03-08-2011, 01:26 PM

Now the e-mail notification is working. Maybe it didn't like the last e-mail address I used, oh well, problem solved.
  (#9) Old

Send a message via AIM to Pamster Send a message via Yahoo to Pamster
Default 03-08-2011, 02:10 PM

Probably got flagged as spam PDADoc, I have had that happen before. Glad it's working now.

Mini 1012 / 2 GB RAM / 250 GB HDD / 1366x768 HD screen / 1.3M Pixel Webcam / HB95.11N / Win 7 Starter / 6-cell 56WHr / Black & Ice Blue / Gear Head CF3000U Dual-Cool USB Laptop Cooling Fan / Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 in Blue
Dell Inspiron 17R 2nd Gen I-5 / 4 GB RAM / 300 GB HDD / 1600 x 900 LED Display with True Life / 1.0MP Integrated 1280x720 native HD Webcam / Win 7 / 6-cell 48WHr / Black / Gear Head CF3000U Dual-Cool USB Laptop Cooling Fan
  (#10) Old

Default 03-08-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
Probably got flagged as spam PDADoc, I have had that happen before. Glad it's working now.
That's what everyone keeps trying to tell me, but no spam ever ended up in the folder, I kept checking before I started my inquiries. The previous e-mail address is one that I ONLY use for posting in forums, and nothing else.

In the more than five years I've had this address, I've only had spam in the folder twice.

Maybe it just doesn't like AIM mail. Once I switched to another address, no problem at all. I'll remember this for the next time, though it sort of messes up my having all of my forums using one e-mail address, I'll get over it.

« Great site with 1024x600 wallpapers | some windows just don't fit! »