General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Exclamation My Dell Mini 9 - 12-15-2010, 01:43 AM

Sadly, I do not use her as much anymore. Now that I have a smartphone and a gaming laptop. I use her sometimes at work and in my kitchen to stream music/netflix.

Ah, I still love her though.

Anybody finding them less useful as well? If so, any other applications to use her for? I was thinking about mounting it permanently in some sort of mini arcade box.

Any other ideas?

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#2) Old

Default 12-15-2010, 03:37 AM

I go through phases.

Up until the last week or so, I hadn't fired mine up in months. Last week Jolicloud 1.1 dropped and I've been using it as my primary every since. Honestly, though, I do this every time a new version of Jolicloud is released, but I always end up moving back to my larger netbook.

The only thing that really holds me back from using it more is the limited storage. If this thing had a hard drive, I could use it as my main machine without issue. As it stands, with the cost of SSDs, I could buy more than a whole, modern, netbook with money to spare.

Vostro a90 | 0.3mp | 16GB | 1GB RAM | Windows XP
Dell Mini 9 | 0.3mp | 8GB | 1GB RAM | Windows XP
  (#3) Old
Administrator

Default 12-15-2010, 04:50 PM

I still take the Mini 9 with me on trips, and sometimes break it out on the weekend to surf at the kitchen table while my wife uses the PC. There I use it with a wireless keyboard, mouse and a stand that elevates the display. The 9 is too small and slow to serve me as a main machine, but it serves well for its intended purpose. I will probably replace it next year when the new Atom models come out.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#4) Old

Default 12-18-2010, 12:59 AM

I was still using it every day until my CR48 came yesterday. Seriously besides the slow processor it's still better than every netbook on the market today. (SSD, 9" form factor, serviceability, linux, ect)

I like using it on the couch, eating breakfast and it even works for kids movies on long car rides.(I have a couple videos on an SD card)
  (#5) Old

Default 01-12-2011, 04:29 PM

I use mine connected to the 32" TV so I can listen to Pandora and watch Twit.Tv and Hulu.com. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard on the coffee table to control it. Daily little work horse. The video via wireless is not perfect but the music via pandora is the normal use.

« Dell Mini Just arrived Help to restore drivers please for xp on VodaFone | Cheapest SSD in UK »