General Discussion General discussion on...anything!
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: May 2009
07-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I use a combination of Avast for active scans, ThreatFire for monitoring/blocking suspicious activities (Avast's capabilities are very bad here*), and Secunia PSI to keep software up to date. All are free. Speed is not affected too much.
*According to a test by c't ($$). MSE scored about equal; it has even better heuristics and disinfection capabilities but update intervals are worse and you have to update manually, too easy to forget for me.
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Hampshire
07-15-2010, 01:37 PM
If all you do is read email and browse the web, you may as well trade for an iPad.
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: UT, USA
07-16-2010, 01:43 AM
OK .... i've been experiencing with security suites for the past 3 years and after using more than 10 security products, i've realized that Kaspersky Internet Security is the best product out there
1. I dont recommend AVG personally, because it lacks effectiveness in the detection ( just because its well-known doesnt mean its good for you ... and before you consider to buy any security suites, you should check their free trials to see if you like it. Dont just download AVG and if it works great, then you wont check the other products to see the difference.
2. basically, i dont think heavy products like Panda, BitDefender, Norton, Mcafee fits your netbook because it takes too much rams and your computer performance isnt that high. Kaspersky doesnt slow your computer that much. Why? Mostly, because Kaspersky doesnt have any unnecesssary features like Cleaner. Why? because those arent their thing. If they include those features, they'd have to raise the cost, and those cleaner probably wont work as effective as Auslogic Boostspeed or other products.
Here is my opinion on security suites:
1. Kaspersky Internet Security
2. Eset Smart Security
3. Avast(the most expensive one, dont remember what its called)
5. Mcafee (very good product but it can be a little overprotected. So make sure your computer has no virus before you use Mcafee!!!)
Join Date: Apr 2010
07-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.