General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Help with Dell shipping issue - 01-06-2009, 07:28 PM

I ordered a Mini from the outlet the other day and after having to call Dell on a non-existent hold (bad start to this whole process) I received an email that my Mini and the case had shipped separately - both overnight.

Well the case got here no problem.

My Mini is, according to FedEx, "Package data transmitted to FedEx". According to Dell they've forwarded to FedEx for shipping. In any case, it should've been at my doorstep already.

Dell customer service was frustrating in that I'll have to wait 5 business days, no matter what, until they'll do anything.

I'm a pretty patient guy normally but the attitude of the Dell rep really set me off. Usually if something like this happens I'd wait a day or two more, see what happens and then call and get a credit for the shipping issue.

Anyone have some experience on how to deal with such issues with Dell?
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Help with Dell shipping issue - 01-06-2009, 10:52 PM

Dell's customer service is pretty crappy. However, if you keep calling back, you may eventually get somebody who can help you. My most recent experience (for a monitor, not a mini) required about 3 hours of waiting on hold, but finally I got a guy who knew what was up.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Help with Dell shipping issue - 01-07-2009, 03:53 PM

After a few calls and some tooth gnashing they finally figured out what happened - it sat on the dock and got delayed to the next day's shipments. But I tell you Dell CS is rough until you find the right person.

So it went out and its winging it way here. Confirmed on FedEx that its actually sent out.

Can't wait to get it!
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Help with Dell shipping issue - 01-09-2009, 05:47 PM

When I ordered a 15" Studio along with a mini9, they both shipped out of the Louisville Ky area via Fedex. They were shipped about a week apart and BOTH arrived B4 ANY tracking info was posted on the Fedex website. As for both laptops, Fedex only showed the "billing info recieved" until after they were signed for, then all the tracking info was shown. This was back in early Dec.

mini 9/xp/1G-ram/16SSD/BTooth/

« Mini lockups | Rules Nazis? Why? »