General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default iphone update fails now on two separate minis - 12-29-2008, 04:54 PM

The wonder of it all!!!

I thought the first 1602 error updating my iphone on one of my dell minis was a fluke. Now it has happened on another one. And as any iphone user knows if I restore I lose all my data. I backed up the iphone in itunes but the backup is dated at a time before I even bought the mini.

Of course Apple in their snotty way refuse to acknowledge that their software is buggy as hell, and gave me no help whatsoever.

SO BEWARE YOU IPHONE USERS OUT THERE. DO NOT TRY TO BACKUP/UPDATE USING THE DELL MINI. YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR DATA!!!
  (#2) Old

Default Re: iphone update fails now on two separate minis - 12-29-2008, 04:58 PM

open a trial mobile me account to sync there.. You'll lose your notes and sms, but calendar and contacts will sync with the cloud...
  (#3) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: iphone update fails now on two separate minis - 12-29-2008, 05:23 PM

Try using a USB hub between the phone and the computer, I've heard of this helping with the latest version of OS X, since Apple broke their USB drivers.. heh..

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#4) Old

Default Re: iphone update fails now on two separate minis - 01-03-2009, 01:25 PM

Hi ya. If i remember correctly that error 1602 is the phone not the comp. Are you running the mac os??? Apple disabled a driver on there update about 2 months or so keeping you from entering dfu mode so you cant run a jail break for the phone on there comps. Is your phone jail broken??? That sounds like an error you would get when you try to backup after a jail break.
Any way go here or google and run a search on the 1602 error www.thebigboss.org
  (#5) Old

Default Re: iphone update fails now on two separate minis - 01-29-2009, 12:54 AM

Just did the iPhone firmware upgrade on a stock iPhone 3G using my OS X Mini 9 and it was flawless.

Former owner of... (sold through this site)
Dell Mini 9
Other Mods - 2Gb RAM, RunCore "64"Gb SSD, Dell Wireless 1505 b/g/n, Dell Bluetooth, US "Int'l" Keyboard
  (#6) Old

Default Re: iphone update fails now on two separate minis - 01-30-2009, 09:29 PM

This is good to know...I hadn't even considered updating my IPhone (1G) on my Mini (when it arrives), so thanks for the info.

Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black, 64GB Runcore SSD, 2GB RAM, BT, 1.3MP, IOGEAR BT Mouse, 500GB WD Elite HD, LG GP08 DVD Drive, 16GB Transcend SDHC, AT&T Quicksilver 3G Aircard, Timbuktu Sleeve, Case Logic Case

« Debug Windows | Standard Virus Protection From Dell »