General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
macaroni
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 14z and OSX - 02-18-2010, 01:21 PM

Well - searched "14", "14z" and found nothing - understandably so-since this is mydellmini, but I figured so many here have more than one dell and I thought I would just ask - anyone have experience with installing OSX on the studio 14z? Granted it has some features out of the realm of macs - like hdmi and esata, but I have just been giving this a second look, wondering about the possibilities since its got the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G and option of core2duo. Any thoughts appreciated - thanks all.
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
cstaats cstaats is offline
Senior Member
 
cstaats's Avatar
 
Posts: 235
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nixa, MO
Lightbulb 02-18-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroni View Post
Well - searched "14", "14z" and found nothing - understandably so-since this is mydellmini, but I figured so many here have more than one dell and I thought I would just ask - anyone have experience with installing OSX on the studio 14z? Granted it has some features out of the realm of macs - like hdmi and esata, but I have just been giving this a second look, wondering about the possibilities since its got the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G and option of core2duo. Any thoughts appreciated - thanks all.
macaroni,

I've done similar searches once I found the 14z on Dell's site, but the problem with that unit is the fact that it uses an nForce chipset.

Fortunately for us, some enterprising folks on the forum at InsanelyMac posted this.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Charlie


True mercy is never earned.

Desktop: Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz (unlocked to X6)|8GB 1600 DDR3|500GB|Radeon HD 6750|Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Notebook: Inspiron 1121|Core i3-330UM|8GB 800 DDR3|320GB|Intel HD Graphics|Windows 7 Pro x64
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
macaroni
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default thanks - 02-18-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstaats View Post
macaroni,

I've done similar searches once I found the 14z on Dell's site, but the problem with that unit is the fact that it uses an nForce chipset.

Fortunately for us, some enterprising folks on the forum at InsanelyMac posted this.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Charlie
Very informative....thanks for the link - It would be an almost ideal laptop (imo) having esata, firewire, and hdmi options - then dual booting....I'll be keeping an eye on Insanely Mac and elsewhere....thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
ddehr026 ddehr026 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 66
Join Date: Jan 2010
Default 02-24-2010, 03:50 PM

macaroni, keep me updated on your progress, i am also interested in this. i started a threat asking the mods to maybe create a 14z section, because it seems to be gaining momentum.


mini 10v | Red | 160gb | 2gb | osx 10.6.2 | nbi 0.8.3 final | bios 06 |

Desktop: Amd 965 @ 3.9Ghz | 4gb ddr3 @ 1333mHz | Ati 4890 2gb Vapor-x | 2x V-Raptor 150gb Raid0 | HT Omega Striker |
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
macaroni
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default sure - 02-24-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddehr026 View Post
macaroni, keep me updated on your progress, i am also interested in this. i started a threat asking the mods to maybe create a 14z section, because it seems to be gaining momentum.
Will do - need to buy one first (in the process of trying to simplify some first) Hope to get a hold of one of these when a 20% off outlet coupon comes up.
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
ddehr026 ddehr026 is offline
Member
 
Posts: 66
Join Date: Jan 2010
Default 02-24-2010, 05:26 PM

yeah i need to get one too. might wanna keep an eye on ebay too, saw some decent deals on there...

i checked dell outlets twitter and they said a possible 3/5/10 coupon date.


mini 10v | Red | 160gb | 2gb | osx 10.6.2 | nbi 0.8.3 final | bios 06 |

Desktop: Amd 965 @ 3.9Ghz | 4gb ddr3 @ 1333mHz | Ati 4890 2gb Vapor-x | 2x V-Raptor 150gb Raid0 | HT Omega Striker |
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Attention Mod's - Studio 14z section | anyone have any recomendations on a <14/under 6lb in laptop?? »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.