General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old
Expert Member

Default Basic video conferencing - 01-13-2010, 05:18 PM

So we have all staff meetings here at our main office in DC once a month, and as well an office in Chicago and California. We want to set it up so our remote offices can see whats going on, and as well we can see our remote offices. We have done some testing with a webinar service we already use, myeventpartner, with webcams which was workable. Although the camera I have in mind for our main office is an IP cam which I don't think will work with such because it's not a local device, so messenger programs with vid etc would be out, but we do have a public IP we can assign for it for remote office viewing. Then that leaves us with how to view the other offices, as they are only 4 - 5 people per office we are just looking at getting standard webcams for those offices. I'm hoping someone on here has some experience with such and maybe some ideas, and as well if it's possible to take the video feed from the IP cam and have it usable in say Skype or Gtalk. We also have other events that inter office video feeds would be extremely useful. The IP cam I'm looking at for our main office is this one from Trend Net:
TRENDnet | Products | Wireless SecurView Camera Series | TV-IP410W

C:\M11xR2\320GBHD\4GBRAM\W7HP
D:\duo\320GBHD\2GBRAM\W8DP
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 01-13-2010, 05:55 PM

I have heard good things about the Panasonic "IP cams", but in my office environment we use a Logitech "orb" webcam connected to a laptop.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Expert Member

Default 01-13-2010, 08:16 PM

I have an Orb cam at home, pretty cool they are. I was thinking IP cam, internet cam, whatever they're called lol, because it needs to capture our meeting room.
I may very well end up bring in my Orb and testing it out though, certainly would be loads easier.
Would need one loooooonnng USB cable though, I do have a f'd up laptop stationed in our conference room so it wouldn't be hard to set up, I'd just like to get something better than a webcam.

C:\M11xR2\320GBHD\4GBRAM\W7HP
D:\duo\320GBHD\2GBRAM\W8DP

« HP ad on My Dell Mini | New Dell Mini 11 leaked! »