General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default This blog is the bomb!!!!! - 01-10-2010, 02:55 PM

I just wanted to thank everyone for their contributions to this blog.Because of you guys a complete NOOB (also a fool) has created a cool little mini mac!!
So my hats off to you guys and keep up the great work!!!!!!!I'm addicted to hacking!!I've upgraded the ram and Im gonna try an ssd (any suggestions welcome) THANKS AGAIN
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 01-10-2010, 03:06 PM

Welcome to the forum....

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old

Default 01-11-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathertek View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone for their contributions to this blog.Because of you guys a complete NOOB (also a fool) has created a cool little mini mac!!
So my hats off to you guys and keep up the great work!!!!!!!I'm addicted to hacking!!I've upgraded the ram and Im gonna try an ssd (any suggestions welcome) THANKS AGAIN
Ditto, I'm donating. I'm barely a three year Mac user and managed to knock out three identical Mini9's in an afternoon for me and my friends. That was about three months ago now and none of us has had even a single problem!! That's pretty damn amazing I think. Not knocking the newer installs, which Snow Leopard requires, but for me the DellEFI has been rock solid!

Which brings me to something I've been wanting to ask. Did meklort write the DellEFI, and if not, then where did it come from? Is Chameleon a direct descendant of it or a completely new animal?

Count me in for not being able to thank you guys enough. Without this Minitosh I was lost, just didn't want to buy the 13" Macbook which strangely measures 15".....the thing is a huge glossy mess to travel with. I'm now running VM fusion on the Mini occasionally and keeping my powerbook instead

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 64G RunCore | 2G Ram | Bios A05 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

Mini 10V
| OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 160G HD | 2G Ram | Bios A06 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

« dell mini 11 | iLet tablet hackintoshable? »