General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old
macaroni

Default Just the Right Touch! - 12-09-2009, 03:32 PM

As much as this has been discussed, I still thought it worthy to start a new thread on the subject of touch screens. They are, as we all know, very popular and very useful - hardly needs any discussion.

What I have been interested in on this subject in particular are the differences in types of touch screens. I have for a long time wanted to get a hold of an interactive pen display like the ones Wacom makes - but they are, alas, out of reach financially. I currently use a small Wacom tablet for photo editing, but it would be so much easier to do this directly on screen, like the Wacom Cintiq, as many Photoshop and/or Illustator users know. Leading me to the big question:

What would it take to do a mod on my mini 9 to add an interactive pen display. Right now I'm considering just settling with the Hoda kit, but I know it's not anywhere near actually using an interactive pen display.

Next question - what really are the differences in types of touch technology? That led me to Wikipedia; if you haven't read this, and are interested in the subject of touch, I can recommend the article:

Touchscreen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frankly I don't think we've touched on this subject deeply enough yet, so if you have some knowledge/experience to add on the technical details of touch in general and interactive pen displays more specifically, I am at least one who is very interested in the subject, and from the number of times it comes up there should be quite a few more.

Please add to this thread if you can - I know many have successfully added touch to their mini 9 - so please share any thoughts on what it would take, or if you have already made something similar to a Wacom Cintiq.

Cintiq 12WX Product Overview

« Vostro v13 /need | Drivers Page? »