General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Dell Support Terrible - AND Where Is My Order? - 12-08-2009, 11:11 AM

If only you had the experience I ‘ve had with dell over the last several days. I paid for an order of a PSU, which was critical to the running of our small business, to be delivered sooner (3-4 working days). The order doesnt arrive, in fact it seems to have sat and waited at the Depot/Hub since the first day it was dispatched (5 days ago) and they simply say it’s not thier issue and to wait for phone call off the courier.
Date Time Location Activity
04/12/09 12:14 WWI – HINCKLEY ORDER COMPLETE IN HUB.
04/12/09 12:14 WWI – HINCKLEY FIRST BOX SCANNED INTO HUB.
03/12/09 14:21 WAALWIJK ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
03/12/09 14:21 WAALWIJK FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
02/12/09 20:51 WAALWIJK MERGE ITEMS PICKED.
02/12/09 19:30 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY
Today is 08/12/09
- In total I’ve had nearly three HOURS of waiting and being transferred on the phone
- I’ve had the phone put down on me THREE TIMES
- I’ve had two completely different responses, the first saying it was thier issue and they were going to find out what was wrong – CLICK phone goes dead. The next person saying it wasn’t thier issue (I have her name)
- I’ve simply pointed the fact to them that if they see my track and trace on the item, it has not moved for 5 days even though it’s on a 3-4 working days delivery – I asked if this seems strange and to look into it.
It’s been a week since my order and I have absolultely no idea when I will receive it, if someone is going to contact me, or if I should spend another 3 hours calling Dell again.
Paul Carruthers
paul@resike.co.uk
paul at resike dot co dot uk
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-08-2009, 12:35 PM

That is not good at all.

I have just checked back on the progress of am item I ordered from Dell recently, and at the same time as the "Order Complete in hub" entry there were two further entries for "Box scanned out of hub" and then "Order despatched from hub".

The following day it was received by Royal Mail and delivered to me, which is what I assume should have happened in your case.... or at least something very similar.

When you say you have been talking on the 'phone, is this with Dell themslves, or with Walsh Western International, which is where the hold up appears to be.

I have 0871 9873355 shown as the number I called them (Walsh Western) on, although you may have wait a bit for anyone to answer. When they did though, I found them to be very helpful.

Hope this helps, and that you receive your PSU soon!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#3) Old

Default 12-08-2009, 01:03 PM

I spoke with both Dell and a representive of Walsh Western and they both advised that I will receive a call within 24-48 hours in regards to ensuring I will be in when they deliver. This was yesterday, but from where the order is currently situated it seems as though I will not receive this today.

I think I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to go for a final attack at Dell. They said it will be with me today but it obviously was just a standard piece of advice they gave rather than actually looking at the problem and knowing that there is obviously something very wrong. All it takes is for them to look at it. I sent them three emails today with unfortunately no reply as yet. I will keep you informed tomorrow what happens. Thanks for your support. I think I'll try that telephone number end of play today.

Regards

Paul Carruthers
  (#4) Old

Default 12-08-2009, 04:26 PM

Hi David Just a quick update for you on this as I am sure you will be interested in any particular updates with this. As you are aware, Dell advised that I will receive the order 24/48 hours although as we both can see, the order seems to be 'held' and stationary. I contacted the telephone number you provided and as you advised, they were very helpful and advised EXACTLY the situation of the matter. The order is coming in from POLAND and the reason why the order update is stalling is because nothing will appear on thier systems until the item arrives in the UK - even that they are unable to know exactly when that will be. They had a rough estimate though... you guessed it - "probably between 24 to 48 hours". Unfortunately I am on leave from Thursday afternoon and need the laptop for central office system monitoring purposes - which now will not be possible - boss is not pleased! At least I was right in instinct that they were just reading off a piece of paper rather than specifically actually looking into the problem. How hard would it have been to do the following OK sir I can see that there is something obvious wrong here. I'll contact Walsh Western to see what the matter is Thanks Hi - I am sorry to advise that the order is still onroute from Poland and will not be available for the time promised. It will probably be sometime next week. Well at least I know the situation and know what we have to work with Anyway - I'll keep you posted again if and when I have any update Thanks Again Paul Carruthers
  (#5) Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-08-2009, 06:48 PM

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update!

Your order may well be coming from Poland, but according to the progress list quoted in your first thread, it has already arrived in the UK (Hinkley is still in Leicestershire, isn't it? ) and is in the hands of Walsh Western International (WWI) there.

Well, that's how I read it anyway, and it does indeed seem strange that after four days, they have still not passed it onto the final delivery company, be that Royal Mail, Business Post, or whoever. Why are they apparently still 'sitting on it', I wonder?

I don't think you can really blame Dell in this case, (although I know you actually placed the order with them) as they appear to have let down very badly here by their delivery partners, i.e. Walsh Western.

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN

« SSD usage in a desktop? | Vostro v13 /need »