General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Is MyDigitalDiscounts.Com Legit - 10-16-2009, 07:05 PM

I ordered a Runcore 128gb 50mm card on Wednesday (the day they indicated they would be receiving stock). Since then I have sent four emails just asking them to confirm they received stock - no answer. I have called their 866 number twice today - no answer, no recording. Their live chat option has been "down" the whole time as well.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-16-2009, 07:15 PM

They are a legit business, but I've read of issues with getting a hold of people there from time to time. They do have their own sub-forum here, I'd recommend touch base with one of their personnel in that forum.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#3) Old
Administrator

Default 10-16-2009, 07:39 PM

I don't know about mydigitaldiscounts.com, but mydigitaldiscount.com is legit. Actually, the one with the s is not the same company.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-16-2009, 07:42 PM

I was thinking that might be a typo, didn't think to check to see if there was one with an "S" at the end..

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#5) Old

Default 10-16-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
I don't know about mydigitaldiscounts.com, but mydigitaldiscount.com is legit. Actually, the one with the s is not the same company.
My apologies - it is without the "s" that I meant.
  (#6) Old

Default 10-18-2009, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
My apologies - it is without the "s" that I meant.
The guy who runs this site likes to link over there all the time and I have read some other folks who bought stuff from there. To be honest, I was kind of weary. I mean the site looks old. There is no real data on the company itself on the site. Nothing that tells me I can trust this place. Everything that I can see as a computer professional tells me that this place is run by a few guys maybe from thier home and was put together by someone without much sophistication at building a storefront.

It was ultimately the other people here who have the parts and have put up pictures of them using stuff from MDD that made me feel comfortable enough to buy.

But now I am in your position as well. My first purchase also included the 128GB SSD. They give a ship date. THey miss it. They dont communicate that it was missed. They dont update the listing. No proactive contact whatsoever. No weekend staff.

Frankly, what the hell?

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

I posted in the other forum and they seem responsive about once a day there. I notice that both of the responses I have gotten from them coime well beyond the end of the current working day. Which makes me wonder if this thing is being run from Hong Kong or something. The registered address is in the US but the hardware they sell, the selection of what they have, the patterns in thier posting times.

They get one more week from me before I cancel and file a complaint with the BBB. Some shipments miss. But i have yet to see a vendor who doesnt tell you ahead of time or doesnt communicate immediately after when to expect the product. MDD should know that. And if they dont, they need to be jumping down someone's throat at the manufacturer to get that information.

Commitments to times were made. People bought based off of that. MDD is holding outstanding orders. This isnt good business.
  (#7) Old
Administrator

Default 10-18-2009, 01:35 PM

MDD is in New York. They probably come into the forum only in the evening, and I'm not at all surprised that there is "no weekend staff". They are dealing with a supplier half a world away for a product whose demand exceeds supply. Some things may not be under their control.

I've bought a couple of things from them and have had no complaints with delivery times or service.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#8) Old

Default 10-18-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
Some things may not be under their control.
They control how they notify customers.

They control how they deal with suppliers and how they communicate back and forth.

They control whether they have staff to deal with their site's demand and the 24/7 nature of the internet.

I realize they run a storefront physically in Oswego, NY (actually its more of a warehouse with a small office between a neighborhood and a junk yard). That doesnt mean that these guys get a clean slate. There are certain expectations in doing business on the internet. Right now, I am still waiting to see either the parts arrive or even to get a basic timeframe on when I can expect that now.

So legitimate? Based on the evidence i see on this forum? Yeah.
Timely/Communicative/Professional? I havent seen that yet.

I dont think its too much to ask a commercial business to notice that they said they would ship something on the 14th and figure out a way to say "Hey, oh darn, our supplier didnt give us the part so we dont know when we can ship it yet but we should have a revised date to you by X." Thats what even small professional businesses do. Made even easier with the internet.

I shouldn't have to go on there in the middle of MY workday (the only time they are available) and track someone down to find out what is going on.
  (#9) Old

Default 10-19-2009, 07:32 PM

I ordered a Runcore Pro IV 64GB from them on thursday (15th) last week, got it delivered today monday (19th) by UPS.

Shipment from NY to Stockholm, Sweden just over the weekend, pretty impressive imo.

« Screen Magnification Software | Hotmail on Evolution »