General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default OMG IT'S FANTASTIC! - 12-05-2008, 02:39 PM

I just got my mini 9 a couple of days ago and it's really knocked my socks off!

I travel frequently but have always found laptops cumbersome and overpowered for my needs, email and wordprocessing being my main concerns. This thing fits the bill perfectly the smaller key size has taken a little getting used to but i can honestly say this is the best tech i've bought in years. Aside from my asumptions about what it could and couldn't handle i really thought it would be properly basic, but i'm stunned by it's power to be honest.

I like to play online poker and the software from pokerstars and fulltilt runs seamlessly even if you wanted to throw up 4 or 5 tables at once. Also at the same time pokertracker 3 to overlay stats and record my results! I still can't beleive this little beast handles postgresql and multitasking so well, but it does! Hell my main pc struggles lol.

OK So there's some crapware on it, but nothing that didn't take an unistall button and 2 mins to solve.

Time to give Dell a pat on the the3 back for this one, it's truely awsome indeed!
  (#2) Old

Default Re: OMG IT'S FANTASTIC! - 12-05-2008, 05:38 PM

I totally agree with you. This little puppy continues to surprise me with how well it does what I ask of it. Dell did do a LOT well on this one.

Welcome to the forum!

Jeff

Mini 9 | Black | 32GB RunCore SSD | 2GB RAM | .3MP cam
Windows 7 Home Premium
  (#3) Old

Default Re: OMG IT'S FANTASTIC! - 02-23-2009, 02:53 AM

Cograts thats what you got one..

10/20/08:Asus Eee PC 1000HD - PNY 2GB PC2-5300 667MHz DDR2 - 120GB SATA HDD - WinXP SP3-32 bit

08/09/09: Gateway LT3103u - 2GB DDR2 SDRAM - 250GB SATA HDD - WinVista SP2-32 bit - SideWinder X8

« Eee PC 1000H vs S101 Comparison | Sidebar/ Desktop Software? »