General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Screen Magnification Software - 10-01-2009, 05:52 PM

Hey folks, my company makes Screen Magnification software that we think would be a fantastic add-on for Netbook owners. I run it on my Dell 9 Mini and couldn't do without it (wow, that sounds like a cheesy marketing guy doesn't it?)

Still, if you're interested you can:

Watch our video and learn more : ai squared - making accessibility simple

Download a trial (only runs for 10 minutes at a time) : http://www.zoomtext.com/liveupdate/ZTE_Setup_Full.exe

If you like the product and think you'd use it shoot me a PM on this board and I'll give away 10 copies ($49 retail). I'd appreciate it if you share your thoughts here. I'll list the usernames of people who I give it to unless you'd rather stay private.

In addition, I'd love it if you shared product thoughts here. My company comes from the Accessibility Technology world and this is one of our first forays into more of a "mainstream" market.

thanks
  (#2) Old

Default 10-01-2009, 10:12 PM

Color / reverse video enhancement looks like it could be a great addition for a netbook.

PM sent.
  (#3) Old

Default 10-01-2009, 11:53 PM

Reviews from a MyDellMini Forum Member:

"I really like this product!! It took some getting used to but after a slight learning curve I was magnifying away. In the 30 minutes I had I tried it with Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint. I do a fair amount of traveling so i placed the Mini as if I was on a plane (on a tray table and as if I was sitting in a chair (sitting it on my lap). I also wear glasses. I like the different size lenses, especially in Excel. I was able to keep a lot of rows/columns on the screen and move the lens to magnify the particular cells I was interested in. Same fpr Powerpoint. It really shone when I needed to zoom into a particular area to do some fine detail work. Outlook was good as a ended up magnifying the whole screen and just moving the cursos to the edges of the screen to move around."
  (#4) Old

Default 10-02-2009, 04:55 AM

I assume Windows product only?
I just use the zoom function in OSX.
  (#5) Old

Default 10-02-2009, 12:20 PM

Yes, Windows only. We always contemplate moving to the Mac platform but haven't quite gotten there yet.
  (#6) Old

Default 10-02-2009, 05:41 PM

I've sent out three serial numbers so far. Please continue to ask for more or shoot some questions my way.
  (#7) Old
Expert Member

Default 10-03-2009, 01:03 AM

How much different is this from the built-in Magnifier dodad in Windows 7?

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#8) Old

Default Difference - 10-03-2009, 03:11 PM

We offer a few things the built in doodad doesn't. Specifically, screen tinting - we can replace the white background with a less glaring color. Len's types (full screen, small lens, large lens).

In addition, we offer a better font smoothing algorithm - picture Adobe Acrobat for the entire screen. Truthfully, at 2x the amazing nature of the technology is not as evident as it is if you were running at 6x or 8x.
  (#9) Old

Default 10-04-2009, 09:48 PM

This is the best software I have seen to zoom the screen!!! I dumped the Windows 7 install from my mini9 to go back to Windows XP Pro - this software is so easy to install and use - I am surprised that I didn't hear of it before - it is so nice to not have to wear my glasses while on my mini now.......I am thrilled as all get out that I was able to receive ZoomWare's generous contribution of a free license.....THANK YOU and your company for the support on the mini's!!!!
Bruce
USN Ret.

Obsidian Black Dell Mini 9 - 2gb ram, 32gb ssd, 1.3mb wc, bt, Windows XP Pro (Yeah!!!)
  (#10) Old

Send a message via AIM to BCCISProf
Default 10-05-2009, 12:28 AM

Two questions:

1. Can anyone report on the actual footprint of the software after installation. The instillation file at 50Mb+ seems to be quite large

2. Given the capability of the CPU in the Mini 10, can anyone report on the overhead used by the software?

Thanks

« My other computer is an HP! and it's Dock SUCKS!!! | Is MyDigitalDiscounts.Com Legit »