General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#11) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 10-02-2009, 12:38 PM

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#12) Old

Default 10-02-2009, 04:11 PM

I got invites to lockerz if anyone wants them, PM me you're email address if you do its a cool site

Mini 9 | OS X 10.5.7 | 2GB RAM | 32 gig supertalent SSD
  (#13) Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-02-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhunter139 View Post
I got invites to lockerz if anyone wants them, PM me you're email address if you do its a cool site
This thread is specifically for Google Wave. Please try to stap on-topic

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#14) Old

Send a message via MSN to ChazB Send a message via Skype™ to ChazB
Default 10-20-2009, 12:35 PM

CHAIN ME UP!

Er...I mean if we get a chain going add me to it.

Yea, that's it.

| Dell Mini 10 | Product Red Edition | 1.6GHz | 1.3MP | 160GB SATA HDD | Bluetooth | 802.11n | Windows 7 Ultimate |
| Dell Mini 10v | Obsidian Black | 1.6GHz | 2GB Kingston HyperX | 1.3MP | 160GB SATA HDD | Bluetooth | 802.11n | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. - Unknown

Before Elvis, there was nothing. - John Lennon
  (#15) Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-20-2009, 12:55 PM

Well, I have had my Google Wave account for about 3 days now... man, those invites take a while to arrive. My good friend sent me an invite and it took 5 days for it to show up

At any rate, I do not have any invites at my disposal at this time. I will keep you posted when I do have some... but right now I do not. (and I already have a line-up of friends who want an invite, but I will probably be able to save 1 for MDM)

My first impressions thus far, overhyped. Google Wave is only as useful as the technology (and your contacts list) allows. Since this is brand new technology it is still growing and gaining momentum. Sometimes being the early bird means that you get the worm, but you have nobody to eat with. That seems to be the case with Google Wave...

I currently only have 4 people on my contacts list and it is hard to find appropriate and useful situations for Google Wave. Once this whole thing hits the ground running and developers come out with useful extensions, then that whole story will change. I am not saying there is anything wrong with Wave, as the interface and layout is very nice and user-friendly. There is not too much of a learning curve and everything makes sense... I just cannot find a use for the service right now. As I said before (and I will repeat myself again), this will all change once I have more contacts that I know on Google Wave and once there are extensions I will directly benefit from

(#16) Old

Default 10-21-2009, 09:46 AM

I'd love an invite if anyone has a spare.
  (#17) Old

Default 10-21-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtso23 View Post
I'd love an invite if anyone has a spare.
Please invite me! Thanks so much!

Black Vostro a90 |2GB RAM Dell|64GB Runcore SSD|OS X 10.5.7
  (#18) Old

Send a message via ICQ to jcoll81 Send a message via AIM to jcoll81 Send a message via Skype™ to jcoll81
Default 10-21-2009, 02:45 PM

I have some invites left. PM me if interested. I have 4 or 5 that I am willing to part with

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Agreed. It is hard to see the full effect until more people get to using it It is fun to play with but I do believe the extensions are what is going to make it fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
Well, I have had my Google Wave account for about 3 days now... man, those invites take a while to arrive. My good friend sent me an invite and it took 5 days for it to show up

At any rate, I do not have any invites at my disposal at this time. I will keep you posted when I do have some... but right now I do not. (and I already have a line-up of friends who want an invite, but I will probably be able to save 1 for MDM)

My first impressions thus far, overhyped. Google Wave is only as useful as the technology (and your contacts list) allows. Since this is brand new technology it is still growing and gaining momentum. Sometimes being the early bird means that you get the worm, but you have nobody to eat with. That seems to be the case with Google Wave...

I currently only have 4 people on my contacts list and it is hard to find appropriate and useful situations for Google Wave. Once this whole thing hits the ground running and developers come out with useful extensions, then that whole story will change. I am not saying there is anything wrong with Wave, as the interface and layout is very nice and user-friendly. There is not too much of a learning curve and everything makes sense... I just cannot find a use for the service right now. As I said before (and I will repeat myself again), this will all change once I have more contacts that I know on Google Wave and once there are extensions I will directly benefit from

Dell Mini 10v | 1gb | 120gb HDD | OSX 10.6.2

(#19) Old

Default 10-21-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoll81 View Post
i have some invites left. Pm me if interested. I have 4 or 5 that i am willing to part with

---------- post added at 09:45 am ---------- previous post was at 09:43 am ----------

agreed. It is hard to see the full effect until more people get to using it it is fun to play with but i do believe the extensions are what is going to make it fantastic.
pm sent!!! :d

Dell Mini 9, Alpine White, BIOS A05, 2gb RAM, 32gb SuperTalent SSD, 1.3mp, BT, 10.5.8
  (#20) Old

Default 10-21-2009, 06:50 PM

PM sent, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoll81 View Post
I have some invites left. PM me if interested. I have 4 or 5 that I am willing to part with

« Google Voice invites? | Run Chrome OS on your Mini right now! »