General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Need to Buy 4 Mini 9's need to have WWAN sprint/att - 12-03-2008, 04:17 AM

I just tried to buy four mini's online with my AAA discount for my small business, but when you try and buy with the AAA discount, it does not give you the option add the WWAN for ATT, but we would like sprint if we can get. Do you guys know a better way go getting these through dell using the 6% AAA discount or a better discount? Let me know please, would like to give these to our employees for Christmas.
Thanks,
JMan
  (#2) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Need to Buy 4 Mini 9's need to have WWAN sprint/att - 12-03-2008, 04:33 AM

Call dell and speak with a rep.. The web interface is probably just not set up to deal with this scenario.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Need to Buy 4 Mini 9's need to have WWAN sprint/att - 12-04-2008, 01:18 AM

That was just a waste of an hour of my life! I was just on the phone with Dell trying to order 3 minis with mobile broadband and they did not have a clue to what I was talking about and told me the broadband option was not an option for the mini 9. I refered the rep and his supervisor to a number of articles published if they just googled "Mini 9 and AT&T 3G" They saw the same articles I did, but they still told me they could not offer something that was not avaliable and I would need to use the USB option from Sprint or At&t. It's a damn shame when customers know more about the product than you do.

I'm telling you I was just looking around for pricing of the mini 9 with mobile broadband about 3 or 4 days ago and it gave me the option to choose between At&t and Sprint and now it is no longer an option when you go to setup a system to purchase. What the hell is going on at Dell?!! If anyone knows, please let me know...
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Need to Buy 4 Mini 9's need to have WWAN sprint/att - 12-04-2008, 01:22 AM

This may explain it...

[youtube:1y3vqa9d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bF5bVi5wKQ[/youtube:1y3vqa9d]
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Need to Buy 4 Mini 9's need to have WWAN sprint/att - 12-04-2008, 04:08 AM

Look what I found... Don't ask me how....
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/ ... inspiron-9
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Need to Buy 4 Mini 9's need to have WWAN sprint/att - 12-12-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent9993
This may explain it...

[youtube:guyl15al]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bF5bVi5wKQ[/youtube:guyl15al]
LOL. this is extactly what happen when I call Dell before. I just heard on CNN news yesterday morning that if you call Dell now they are actually going a U.S.A rep talking instead of transferring you to some international countires when you can't understand a damn word what their trying to say.
  (#7) Old
Retired Mini user

Default Re: Need to Buy 4 Mini 9's need to have WWAN sprint/att - 12-12-2008, 11:11 PM

My boss was just asking me about it, and he couldn't find it either -- we buy lots of Dell equipment through the channel.

It's available via Home/Home Office, but not through Small/Large Business. Go figure.

Getting an iPad

« quidco cashback.... | Memory in Mini 9 »