General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Send a message via MSN to slatergs
Default Boot Windows 7, OSX, and Moblin? - 09-27-2009, 09:02 PM

I would like to triple boot OSX, W7, and Moblin (or Jolicloud) for my Mini 9. Does anyone see any complications with this? Does Moblin work with Mini 9 (drivers)? What should the install order be? Or is there a link that can be posted if this is already discussed somewhere else. How much HDD space do I need for each install?

W7 will be primary, most programs will be run on that, but I would like to play around with OSX and Moblin as well.

Would it be easier(or is it possible) to install OSX and W7 on the HDD and install Moblin on an SD Card? I'd like to have them all on the HDD, but if not, SD Card will work for Moblin or Jolicloud (if they can be installed and run like that)
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 09-27-2009, 09:32 PM

I have seen Moblin running on the Mini 10v, so the 9 should be the same. You can run Moblin from a flash drive if you like.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Send a message via MSN to slatergs
Default 09-27-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
I have seen Moblin running on the Mini 10v, so the 9 should be the same. You can run Moblin from a flash drive if you like.
So would you say I can't install on HDD with OSX and W7? Or would that be too much of a headache to try all three?
  (#4) Old
Administrator

Default 09-27-2009, 11:16 PM

I didn't say that. It's probably possible - I've read of people triple-booting. Look around in the forum for advice, or ask in the OS X or Linux forum sections.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Intel's Light Peak running an HD display off a hackintosh | Finally... THE GMA500 DRIVER FOR WIN7!! (Not for Vista) »