General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Thumbs up Stardock Fences - 08-21-2009, 02:33 PM

Came across a website reviewing Stardock Fences, which is free. As soon as I saw it I thought it would be a great add on for my Mini 9 running Windows. It essentially allows you to clutter up your desktop with convenient shortcuts, but with the advantage to only show them when you need them.

I am in now way affiliated with Stardock and generally have not used any of their products. This particular free product just seems to be perfect for a netbook environment.

Here is from the site...

Quote:
Organize Your Desktop with Stardock Fences!

Fences is a program that helps you organize your desktop, and can hide your icons when they're not in use. And the important thing is it's a FREE to use, so just give it a try , and change how you use your desktop forever!

Fences allow you to draw labeled shaded areas on your desktop, which become movable & re sizable containers for your desktop icons. These groups can help bring organization and consistency to your computer's desktop, solving the "constant mess" problem that has plagued the desktop since its inception.

Fences also helps you finally appreciate the wallpaper you have hiding behind all that clutter.In addition to its organizing features, Fences offers a novel quick-hide feature (in-patenting-process). Double click your desktop, and all your icons will fade out. Double click again, and they'll return.

System Requirements

● Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
● On Vista and Windows 7, both 32bit and 64bit versions are supported.

Link : Stardock Fences Homepage

XPS 13 Ultrabook
  (#2) Old

Default 08-24-2009, 04:29 AM

I use fences at work, because i need to keep a lot quick shortcuts handy for a brief period of time.
It works great, but I don't think I would use it on my MINI. That may be, because I keep my desktop SPOTLESS!

---===A RAIN TO WASH THE WORLD CLEAN===---

« Anyone else have stupid FedEx tracking issues? | This is when you need extra viewing space »