General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
GirlFromNeptune GirlFromNeptune is offline
Junior Member
 
GirlFromNeptune's Avatar
 
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jul 2009
Smile Asus EEE 1005HA - 07-27-2009, 02:09 AM

I know this is an odd question to ask in a Dell forum, but I was just curious.. what do you guys think of the Asus EEE 1005HA (P) - 10.5hr battery, N280 1.66GHz, 160GB SATA, 1.3 webcam, wireless n, free sleeve, etc. ?? ~$380

I initially ordered one on Amazon, and then I decided to order a Mini 10 just because it was purple, and then I ordered the Mini 9 because of the good offer (and going to cancel 10, since it's actually more pink than purple). The EEE has just been sitting wrapped up in its box here, and I'm going to wait until the 9 comes to see if I like it or not.. and then return the EEE. ...?

Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
kirbyrj kirbyrj is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northeast, PA
Default 07-27-2009, 02:18 AM

Personally, I don't see myself ditching my Mini 10v until there's a decent ION based system out there for relatively cheap that has good battery life and is OSX ready .

But it does look nice. I almost picked up the 1000HE before I grabbed the Mini 10v.


Dell Mini 10v - WinXP/OSX 10.5.8 Dual Boot
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
teeth_03 teeth_03 is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 466
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default 07-27-2009, 02:27 AM

only reason I never went ASUS was their weird dual SSD setups, with the small faster one for the OS and the bigger slower one for files. I'm sure that system worked good, but they made it too complicated. Not to mention, I think the OS drive on the ones that were out when the Mini 9 came out were like,4 gigs I think.

Oh,thats right,the first Asus 10 inch Netbook with an SSD had 8/32 gig SSDs and cost like 600-700 bucks if I remember, and the 9 inch ones had the 4 gig OS drives. Neither of which interested me.


Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
GirlFromNeptune GirlFromNeptune is offline
Junior Member
 
GirlFromNeptune's Avatar
 
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default 07-27-2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeth_03 View Post
only reason I never went ASUS was their weird dual SSD setups, with the small faster one for the OS and the bigger slower one for files. I'm sure that system worked good, but they made it too complicated. Not to mention, I think the OS drive on the ones that were out when the Mini 9 came out were like,4 gigs I think.

Oh,thats right,the first Asus 10 inch Netbook with an SSD had 8/32 gig SSDs and cost like 600-700 bucks if I remember, and the 9 inch ones had the 4 gig OS drives. Neither of which interested me.
I just edited the specs a bit. I guess I shouldn't have left out the 160GB; even though it's not SSD, but somehow that 1005ha can stay up and running for at least 7 hours! ..and the battery isn't bulky like our Mini 10's 6 cells... oh well, don't worry I'm still going to return it! dell mini <3
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
GirlFromNeptune GirlFromNeptune is offline
Junior Member
 
GirlFromNeptune's Avatar
 
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default 07-27-2009, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyrj View Post
Personally, I don't see myself ditching my Mini 10v until there's a decent ION based system out there for relatively cheap that has good battery life and is OSX ready .

But it does look nice. I almost picked up the 1000HE before I grabbed the Mini 10v.
oh hehe. i almost fried my brain trying to decide which way to go - asus or dell. but then i found this forum =)
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
teeth_03 teeth_03 is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 466
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default 07-27-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlFromNeptune View Post
oh hehe. i almost fried my brain trying to decide which way to go - asus or dell. but then i found this forum =)
we like Alien chicks here,they're hot


Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
dch dch is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 135
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Default 07-27-2009, 01:31 PM

We have a Asus 1000HE. It gets excellent battery life, close to 8 hrs. The macbook pro style keyboard on it is nice. The screen is matte, not glossy like my A90. No complaints on the 1000HE, it's a solid netbook. My A90 is my hackbook.
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
mehboob mehboob is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default 07-27-2009, 05:02 PM

My first netbook is actually an Eee PC 701. It still works great actually. My friend wants to get a New netbook, and asked for my advice.


Hehe, guess what!!!! I actually could not give him a decision. All these netbooks are so simillar its very hard to decide.


# Netbookfiles.com Your Netbook's Software and Driver Source!
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
GirlFromNeptune GirlFromNeptune is offline
Junior Member
 
GirlFromNeptune's Avatar
 
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default 07-27-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeth_03 View Post
we like Alien chicks here,they're hot
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Thanks to a great site! | Do you need a firewall? »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.