General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default I hate dell - 07-24-2009, 09:09 PM

They have burned me for the last time!!!

Here is the story.....
ever try to contact customer service? ever talk to returns? order status? ever talk to a supervisor? ever try to contact any other sales department other then ordering a new computer??? one word INDIA!!! this is a company that charges extra to speak to an american. Come on we have all felt this pain. but to have EVERY department answered by india is insane!! heres the last straw. I have the simple task of trying to buy a replacement touchpad for my computer. Not real complex right? WRONG!!! here I am trying to BUY something, give dell money and I can't even do it!!! WHY? INDIA!!!! these people are very poorly trained. I doubt any of them have ever looked at a computer before!! This guy did not even know what a touchpad was. then he could not confirm or deny that if i ordered one from him that it would be the right one...WTF??? After speaking on the phone with him for 40 mins about the same subject he told me he would transfer me to someone else that could help......he just dumped me back to the main line......I was back to square one.......trying to do the impossible. To me its like trying to describe color to a blind person. Seriously, why is this so hard? you just say "touchpad" and the model number!!!??? I try to complain and there is no where to go!!!! who do you complain to??? ask for a supervisor they are just going to put you to another indian! do you care dell? don't you want to improve your company? what company has no where for you to leave feedback? a company that does not care about feedback tells me that they are a company that does not care about there customers. you are just another cow in their pasture!!!
  (#2) Old

Default 07-24-2009, 11:30 PM

+^1

i like their products, but their customer service is pathetic....
  (#3) Old

Default 07-24-2009, 11:40 PM

Whatever the problem with Dell's customer service or the poor training of outsourced call center workers (both good calls), I think you should quit it with the xenophobic ranting about "India" and "Indians". Do you somehow expect everybody on this site to be "American", with whom you can safely bitch about "India"? Hmmm.

White Dell Mini 9 | OS X 10.5.8 | 2Gb RAM | 32Gb Runcore SSD | 16Gb Class 4 SDHC
  (#4) Old

Default 07-25-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebni View Post
Whatever the problem with Dell's customer service or the poor training of outsourced call center workers (both good calls), I think you should quit it with the xenophobic ranting about "India" and "Indians". Do you somehow expect everybody on this site to be "American", with whom you can safely bitch about "India"? Hmmm.
LOL. I thought the same thing. Touchy area. While he's pissed, if he wants real support, he can always upgrade the support on his machine, no? When I bought an Inspiron 8500 awhile back I also purchased premium support. My calls to support would go through like crap through a goose!

Obsidian Black Dell Mini 9n | gOS v3.1 Gadgets | 1gb RAM | 32gb SSD | 1.3MP camera
  (#5) Old

Default 07-25-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebni View Post
Well said.
  (#6) Old

Default 07-25-2009, 12:37 AM

why don't you try buying one off of ebay, or some other 3rd party outfit?
  (#7) Old

Default 07-25-2009, 01:45 AM

I've always had good support from Dell. Either from their small business arm or the home division. Whenever I had a issue, either hardware or software, I've been able to get them to resolve it in a timely manner with a minimum of fuss.

Obviously YMMV.

Dell Mini 9 | 2 GB RAM | 64 GB STEC SSD | 16GB RiData SDHC
Triple Boot: Windows 7 | OSX 10.6 | XP
  (#8) Old

Default 07-25-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixfool View Post
LOL. I thought the same thing. Touchy area. While he's pissed, if he wants real support, he can always upgrade the support on his machine, no? When I bought an Inspiron 8500 awhile back I also purchased premium support. My calls to support would go through like crap through a goose!
i dont know if xps support is the same, but i had two 1530's and xps support was worthless for me too.

guess it depends on you luck? ive never had 1 good experience with them. though on the up side, it forced me to learn how to work with computers much more.
  (#9) Old

Default 07-25-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxgrowth View Post
They have burned me for the last time!!!

Here is the story.....
ever try to contact customer service? ever talk to returns? order status? ever talk to a supervisor? ever try to contact any other sales department other then ordering a new computer??? one word INDIA!!! this is a company that charges extra to speak to an american. Come on we have all felt this pain. but to have EVERY department answered by india is insane!! heres the last straw. I have the simple task of trying to buy a replacement touchpad for my computer. Not real complex right? WRONG!!! here I am trying to BUY something, give dell money and I can't even do it!!! WHY? INDIA!!!! these people are very poorly trained. I doubt any of them have ever looked at a computer before!! This guy did not even know what a touchpad was. then he could not confirm or deny that if i ordered one from him that it would be the right one...WTF??? After speaking on the phone with him for 40 mins about the same subject he told me he would transfer me to someone else that could help......he just dumped me back to the main line......I was back to square one.......trying to do the impossible. To me its like trying to describe color to a blind person. Seriously, why is this so hard? you just say "touchpad" and the model number!!!??? I try to complain and there is no where to go!!!! who do you complain to??? ask for a supervisor they are just going to put you to another indian! do you care dell? don't you want to improve your company? what company has no where for you to leave feedback? a company that does not care about feedback tells me that they are a company that does not care about there customers. you are just another cow in their pasture!!!
Well i agree 100%,but its not just Dell.It seems to be with just about everything these days.I get calls all the time from people with accents and i can never understand what they are saying so i just hang up.And i am not trying to offend anyone and i don't think this guy is trying to offend anyone either,it is just very frustrating and i think alot of people feel the same way.And since when has it become a crime to be english and want service from a qualified person who speaks perfect english!
  (#10) Old

Send a message via AIM to MinnieMelissa
Default 07-25-2009, 05:48 PM

Dell's customer service really seems to be hit or miss for me. Most of the time it's superb and I get the help I need pretty quickly but once in a while it'll be a freaking nightmare! Yesterday I had called to ask a question about pricing and I somehow got transferred to the South America line and the lady started speaking to me in Spanish! I was like umm... and so she tried to connect me to the US line and then I waited a good half hour before it lost connection and hung up on me! Grrrr. But yeah, either usually really good or really bad for me, there never seems to be a medium haha.

Pink Inspiron 1720
Alpine White Mini 10

Dropbox Referrals: https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTE2OTcwODk5

« Will Mini 9 Car Charger Work? | Using my Mini as an Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor (bridging) »