General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#61) Old

Default I hate dell - 01-19-2010, 02:10 PM

My complaint with Dell is simple. I ordered a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a free upgrade to Windows 7; however no upgrade pack has been sent, And no-one wants to do anything about it
It seemed a wonderful idea of Dell's to have a designated agent responsible for my order. Simple. Until I found that the charming man was just that - charming; always ready to ring back, but of course never did, And then came the day when he was not there; just a recordered message that he was away from his desk for a few days - and thus on and on.
Since, others have said they would try to help - but then didn't. In one day I made five lengthy calls through the Service Desk, each one ending with a broken line. Interestingly one of thse gave me 4 "Welcome" messages as I was shipped about, always to another person who would be certain to help - and like all the other calls ended with a broken connection.
I have still not got my W7 upgrade, and a lot of time is passing.
How is it possible to make an official complaint? - and get results.
  (#62) Old

Default 01-19-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valencia31 View Post
My complaint with Dell is simple. I ordered a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a free upgrade to Windows 7; however no upgrade pack has been sent, And no-one wants to do anything about it
It seemed a wonderful idea of Dell's to have a designated agent responsible for my order. Simple. Until I found that the charming man was just that - charming; always ready to ring back, but of course never did, And then came the day when he was not there; just a recordered message that he was away from his desk for a few days - and thus on and on.
Since, others have said they would try to help - but then didn't. In one day I made five lengthy calls through the Service Desk, each one ending with a broken line. Interestingly one of thse gave me 4 "Welcome" messages as I was shipped about, always to another person who would be certain to help - and like all the other calls ended with a broken connection.
I have still not got my W7 upgrade, and a lot of time is passing.
How is it possible to make an official complaint? - and get results.
Try this link:

https://support.dell.com/support/top...gen&redirect=1

Supposedly they promise to respond within one business day.
  (#63) Old

Post Re: - 01-21-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebni View Post
Whatever the problem with Dell's customer service or the poor training of outsourced call center workers (both good calls), I think you should quit it with the xenophobic ranting about "India" and "Indians". Do you somehow expect everybody on this site to be "American", with whom you can safely bitch about "India"? Hmmm.
"Safely" ?

Is that a threat? True that bashing a culture is usually not a good idea simply because you might say something hurtful to a member of that culture, but it's not good either to call names in return. Xenophobia describes an intense dislike for foreign customs or people, but in this case the fact is that the problem was not solved. If the relationship is business, as the client-vendor, and the vendor is unable to meet the customer's need because of cultural dichotomy, then the problem, like it or not is real and must be attributed in this case to an issue of communication due to the differences in one person's voice, understanding, and background with another. I've heard stories about the way Americans are treated in other countries. A friend of mine was in the military for over 20 years, and he said that the treatment in many cases, especially in eastern Indian countries like Malaysia and Indonesia were reprehensible. Until everyone else decides to be nice to Americans, don't bitch about them getting frustrated with foreigners that can barely be understood on the phone. Cultural lines make business hell in a lot of situations, not just yours.

Cheers,
Charlie

True mercy is never earned.

Desktop: Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz (unlocked to X6)|8GB 1600 DDR3|500GB|Radeon HD 6750|Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Notebook: Inspiron 1121|Core i3-330UM|8GB 800 DDR3|320GB|Intel HD Graphics|Windows 7 Pro x64

« Will Mini 9 Car Charger Work? | Using my Mini as an Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor (bridging) »