General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#31) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 05:38 AM

I Agree that dell cares more for the masses (business) then home users. I know most business stick to dell because of all the butt kissing. But what does that say about them? I have used chat and that is the only way to get support. However i never need support just parts!!! You cant order parts via chat i have tried!!! The phone is a waste as much as i have tried and tried. I must have called 25 times in one month. Unless you r buying a computer know that you willl be talking to someone that speaks no english and is a techtard.
  (#32) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxgrowth View Post
I Agree that dell cares more for the masses (business) then home users. I know most business stick to dell because of all the butt kissing. But what does that say about them? I have used chat and that is the only way to get support. However i never need support just parts!!! You cant order parts via chat i have tried!!! The phone is a waste as much as i have tried and tried. I must have called 25 times in one month. Unless you r buying a computer know that you willl be talking to someone that speaks no english and is a techtard.
I happen to speak perfect english thanks.

Unix fanatic
Vostro A90, 16GB SSD, 2GB DDR2, US-INTL Keyboard, FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE
Latitude E6400N, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 320GB, Opensolaris 2009.06 updated to build 118
Dell Tech Support agent
  (#33) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 08:34 AM

I Love DELL

I ordered my Inspiron 1720 through the Dell outlet and had the same warranty as a new dell. I messed up my optical drive forcing to copy a scratched DVD and Dell send me a free replacement drive w/ free shipping to send my old part. Dell is the first place I go to if I want a name brand computer. DELL OUTLET, that is.

Oh yeah, customer service was very helpful.

Dell Mini Inspiron 910 32GB RunCore SSD, 2GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate
Dell Inspiron 1720 2x 1TB HDD, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate
https://www.facebook.com/pinto.ismael
http://gplus.to/ismaelpinto
  (#34) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4i View Post
i have to ask, are you in the home section, or business/other?
  (#35) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4i View Post
Man seriously no offense! like I said before you seem like a nice guy and i would have loved to reach you out of the 1 million and 1 calls. I am just saying out of the 25 calls i make a month to dell in various departments (not tech support) I kind of fell like i know the ropes. not ONCE have i spoke to someone that, knows english, knows what their dept does, has seen a computer before, and is not a bowtard. I just do not understand how they get ANYTHING done!! I will not even call for customers anymore unless i have to. I charge by the hour and i tell them they could just as easily be frustrated for 4 hours for free. a monkey could do better a MONKEY!!!!

EVERYONE please know its not tech support i am talking about. I NEVER call tech support. I would assume if you call tech support you would either talk to a nice guy like z4i or someone that at least knows what a touchpad is (but may not be able to speak english).

I will say this though in the few times i have called tech support (4 times maybe so not a good sample) it has been ill trained Indians. may i ask do you z4i provide tech support for just anyone or business, maybe a special branch??? what magic words must i say to talk to you?
  (#36) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 02:37 PM

The magic words are "I have a Latitude" or "I have an Optiplex". No special branch of business. I talk to a lot of people that are home users that just bought one of those for whatever reason. Both are intended as business systems though, and aren't available through the home division. There's nothing that stops you from buying it through the small business division, which I did, but you have to look for it to find it.

Unix fanatic
Dell Tech Support agent
  (#37) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 04:41 PM

i use a optiplex for a server. I have server 2008 installed on it for home use. I called and online chatted. I was forwarded to small business automatically. I even hung up and called back thinking i pressed something wrong. I think i did speak to an indian, it was hard to remember because it was SOOO long ago and it was just a quick call to ask a technical question.
  (#38) Old

Default 08-01-2009, 12:23 AM

Small business support is spread across multiple call centers, I don't know if all of it is in the US, but I do know that at least part of it is. I also know a few people in the building I work in are actually from India, but they know what they're doing.

Unix fanatic
Dell Tech Support agent
  (#39) Old

Send a message via MSN to null_x86
Default 08-01-2009, 02:40 AM

Dells customer service/support is, has and always will be hit and miss or worse. I dont mind talking to Indians but when they dont know what a graphics processor is, then we have a problem. When Dell outsourced, thats when it went down hill. Ill buy their products, but I'll do repairs myself.

Dell Mini 9 - Obsidian Black | 1GB | 8GB SSD | 10.6.1 - NetbookInstaller Method | WWAN, BT & Apple Extreme WiFi
  (#40) Old

Default 08-01-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by null_x86 View Post
Ill buy their products, but I'll do repairs myself.
^+1....

« Will Mini 9 Car Charger Work? | Using my Mini as an Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor (bridging) »