General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#21) Old

Default 07-28-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxgrowth View Post
I was talking to sales, Thats why i was surprised to speak to someone that did not know what they were selling. It was sales-parts dept. I mean you HAVE to know something to work parts right? When I go to autozone and get a part those guys always know what im talking about. They could even tell me step by step how to replace or use that part im getting. Why hire someone who knows nothing? I mean touchpad....thats like someone at autozone asking what oil is for...... If this guy didn't know what i was talking about he should have put me through to someone that did. Also NEVER EVER EVER say that you can not confirm or deny if its the right part. I wish I could have ordered from tech support......or autozone.....or anywhere but from dell.

on a side note I still see NO WHERE to send my comment or feedback on dell's website. The only thing i saw that would get my feedback to dell was ideastorm. For those that do not know, idea storm is a opportunity for dell to make more profit by stealing your idea. When you sign up to post on there you have to say that you understand that if dell does use your idea you will NOT be compensated for your input in ANY way (way to go dell). So i post it right and im getting a ton of positive votes. So thats when the moderator reads what i wrote and ERASES IT. I go back and add 4 new ideas or suggestions for dell and again she erases it. Customer feedback fits no where on dells radar......what a terrible company......
thats pathetic.
i left a bad review once on a product i bought, actually left it like twice, they never posted it. i finally told them i could spend my money elsewhere, and what do ya know....there it was.
  (#22) Old

Default 07-29-2009, 03:24 PM

that makes me sick. Where did you post?

everytime i see the DELL sign in the bookstore i get pissed now. I would feel better if i could just post somewhere but i don't know.....

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS??? maybe i am not looking in the right place. if anyone could find a place for me to leave feedback please let me know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faber78 View Post
thats pathetic.
i left a bad review once on a product i bought, actually left it like twice, they never posted it. i finally told them i could spend my money elsewhere, and what do ya know....there it was.
  (#23) Old

Default 07-29-2009, 06:08 PM

Send a message to Michael Dell directly. Email would work but a hardcopy letter would probably be better.

Dell Mini 9 | 2 GB RAM | 64 GB STEC SSD | 16GB RiData SDHC
Triple Boot: Windows 7 | OSX 10.6 | XP
  (#24) Old

Default 07-29-2009, 06:09 PM

Customer experience survey emails get sent out. I've gotten them when I've bought things from Dell, and in my department some proportion of my customers get them after phone interactions. I'm not sure if you can leave bad feedback in a way that it goes back any farther than the primary agent that you were talking to.

Tell me what part you're looking for, I'll get you a part number and just tell them you want that. I have enough free time at work to do that for you. What system do you need the touchpad for?

Unix fanatic
Vostro A90, 16GB SSD, 2GB DDR2, US-INTL Keyboard, FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE
Latitude E6400N, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 320GB, Opensolaris 2009.06 updated to build 118
Dell Tech Support agent
  (#25) Old

Default 07-30-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxgrowth View Post
that makes me sick. Where did you post?

everytime i see the DELL sign in the bookstore i get pissed now. I would feel better if i could just post somewhere but i don't know.....

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS??? maybe i am not looking in the right place. if anyone could find a place for me to leave feedback please let me know!!!
it was a rating/review for the an extra charger for the mini. i made a comment on how horrible it was that the price was so high and reflected that in my overall rating....

^nice of z4i to offer to get you the part
  (#26) Old

Default 07-30-2009, 02:51 AM

deleted
  (#27) Old

Default 07-30-2009, 05:05 AM

^i've heard their business side is real good compared to home, and i try to chat as well, the phone is a total waste, i agree.
  (#28) Old

Default 07-30-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faber78 View Post
^i've heard their business side is real good compared to home, and i try to chat as well, the phone is a total waste, i agree.
I know the business side is real good compared to home, though I obviously don't think the phone is a total waste. :P

Unix fanatic
Vostro A90, 16GB SSD, 2GB DDR2, US-INTL Keyboard, FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE
Latitude E6400N, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 320GB, Opensolaris 2009.06 updated to build 118
Dell Tech Support agent
  (#29) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 05:27 AM

Hey thxs a lot man. Thats very nice of you, you seem like a nice guy.

Im sorry my faith in dell has been pounded to a pulp. Being a tech and a nerd myself, this isnt my first burn but havr heard worst stories. Ill stick to hp. Those ppl bend over for business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4i View Post
Customer experience survey emails get sent out. I've gotten them when I've bought things from Dell, and in my department some proportion of my customers get them after phone interactions. I'm not sure if you can leave bad feedback in a way that it goes back any farther than the primary agent that you were talking to.

Tell me what part you're looking for, I'll get you a part number and just tell them you want that. I have enough free time at work to do that for you. What system do you need the touchpad for?
  (#30) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfruit View Post
Send a message to Michael Dell directly. Email would work but a hardcopy letter would probably be better.
Where do i find his email??? Thx!!

« Will Mini 9 Car Charger Work? | Using my Mini as an Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor (bridging) »