General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Question What to do when a window is too big? - 07-24-2009, 04:39 PM

What can you do when a window on the screen is too big and it isn't movable/expandable?
I've just been pressing tab and enter to hopefully hit the "next" button. This normally happens during installs.
Does anyone have a trick or an I missing something real basic?

Obsidian Black Mini 9 | 2GB Kingston RAM | 32GB RunCore SSD | 1.3mp Webcam | Transcend 16GB SDHC | Kawau Micro SD Card Reader | Polaroid 16GB Micro SDHC | Windows XP | Ridic Graphics Skin | Logitech V450 Nano
  (#2) Old

Default 07-24-2009, 05:18 PM

I'd like to know the answer to this one too....I have the same problem in my genealogy software. Anyone have any suggestions?
  (#3) Old

Default 07-27-2009, 01:50 AM

In Windows, I don't know . . . for any new Linux users out there, you can hold down Alt and click and drag oversized windows off screen to access hidden buttons.
  (#4) Old

Default 07-28-2009, 03:31 AM

easy, you can chose a higher resolution mode in "display properties", and scroll around on the larger virtual desktop to get to the areas that would otherwise be off the screen.

control panel... display... settings....advanced...monitor... uncheck the "hide modes the monitor cannot support"...OK... then select a higher resolution mode like 1280x1024.

The display won't go crazy like the old analog ones would at unsupported resolutions. The desktop will just be bigger then the window, and you will be able to scroll around to see the rest of it.

Too bad there is not a one-touch button to do this. My Raon Everun UMPC would toggle to higher display modes at the push of a button (of course, since the normal mode was 800x480, you had to do this alot).
  (#5) Old

Default 07-29-2009, 08:25 PM

I had this problem with my 10v as well, someone pointed me to this thread, which worked a treat. Hope it works for the 9 as well
  (#6) Old

Default 08-05-2009, 05:17 PM

I'm not sure if this will work for you but in my browser I can shrink or expand my screen by hitting ctrl and + or - and that will make the window (internally) larger or smaller. Hope this helps!

« Use for 10v's 8GB SATA SSD | Cooling down a dell mini 9 »