General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default No Mini's in the UK Outlet.... very odd - 07-22-2009, 03:55 PM

Since Sunday I've been checking the Dell UK Outlet for either a good-priced 2nd Mini9 or a cheap Mini10, without any luck. I've even viewed all Dell Inspiron laptops and sorted on screen size, smallest is 13".
Does anyone know if there is a problem with the Outlet, seems odd that for 4 days there hasn't been a single Mini in there?

Thanks.
  (#2) Old

Default 07-24-2009, 03:34 AM

I can't give you any inside details, but I can tell you because Dell is not primarily based out of the UK (like it is in the US) it would take someone to purchase from Dell.co.uk receive there Mini, decide they don't like it, send it back, have it refurbished, and restocked in the outlet. This doesn't happen all too often.

My words of recommendation: I've found even though the Outlet has good pricing, that doesn't always mean quality, so you may want to check other places to get your own Mini from sites like eBay so you can get multiple photos of what your buying.

Dell Mini 10v | Intel Atom 1.6GHz | 2GB RAM | 120GB HDD | Bluetooth + Webcam | Mac OS X 10.6.1 | NetbookInstaller 0.8.2a
Get yourself a real MacBook with Lockerz! I got invites! PM me.
  (#3) Old

Default 07-24-2009, 03:27 PM

Hi, thanks for the response, but the UK have their own Dell Outlet on Dell.co.uk. I've just signed in again and there is still no Inspiron 910 or 1010 models on there, in fact no minis at all - despite a big graphic on entering the site stating "Dell mini 9/10/12 available".
  (#4) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to Richard Moore
Default Sounds ODD - 07-25-2009, 09:15 AM

When I bought mine a few weeks ago there were plenty on there. Probably at least twenty (assuming each line is a single unit) so I'd go back and check your search criteria to make sure you're not excluding something. There was certainly a wide selection of 9's with both ubuntu and XP. I bought an XP version to get the extra ram but it's now running ubuntu....

Incidentally - quality wise mine was listed as a refurb but it's indistinuishable from new.

Richard
About to be Dell Mini 9 Owner
  (#5) Old

Default 07-25-2009, 11:23 AM

I have a feeling they must have had excess stock in the UK outlet they've been trying to offload hence the good bargains on the 9 and 10 in the last six weeks or so, because yes I've noticed that there is no more stock of the 9s or 10s in the last week or so.

mini 10 (via UK Dell outlet), Z520, 1024x576 , 6-cell, no BT
ordered & installed: BT module, US keyboard

« Is it OK to run Dell Mini 24/7?? | Inspiron 17 »