General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Default Does the Type11 bootloader work on other Atom netbooks? - 11-21-2008, 03:54 AM

I'm wondering if the 123-bootloader we are using for the mini could work on other Atom based computers.
I'm interested in getting my ASUS eee box to work with os x. I know that the iDeneb install works, but I want to use the EFI-bootloader way. It is much nicer and upgrade-proof. (so far at least...)

I'm not entirely comfortable making a new 123boot-cd just for the eee-box, feels a little out of my league...

Has anyone heard of a bootloader cd for the eee box? Or even the asus 1000h, they are pretty similar on the inside.

I have alreade posted a question on the eeeuser.com forum, but they don't have a special osx-section so I figured someone here might know a bit more...

I've got my mini up and running with os x thanks to all of you and I'm very happy with that!

Thanks for your time!

Cheers from Sweden!
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Does the Type11 bootloader work on other Atom netbooks? - 11-21-2008, 05:44 AM

yes i was wondering the same thing, i'm going to buy an atom mobo from intel which is almost the same thing as my mini, so i was wondering if i could install the OS x just like we did on the mini, is this possible????

Thanks guys
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Does the Type11 bootloader work on other Atom netbooks? - 11-21-2008, 05:25 PM

If all else fails you can go over to insanelymac.com and search the forums which have a lot of information on what hardware works and how to's. The one caveat is that the information you seek is not well organized or consolidated. :?
Best of luck.
Jim
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Does the Type11 bootloader work on other Atom netbooks? - 11-22-2008, 12:27 AM

I've been on insanelymac.com forums for quite some time now, but there's as you say, too much info and nothing is organized! Which makes it difficult to find anything on the subject.

There only one topic that I have found that covers the asus B202 (eee box) for now. I've tried to read up on making my own boot123 cd, but I have this feeling that someone else must have already done it before me! (and that someone is probably better and with more free time than me...) It's basically the same hardware as the asus 1000h. If it has a boot123 then I can use it, but I have no luck finding it on the net...

Any help or tips/pointers in some direction are appreciated!

I will off course post a How to afterwards so that someone else can have an appleTV sized fullfeatured mac!

Thanks,

elgreco

« Zone Alarm Pro for free, just a few hours left! | Whitespace Broadband coming to Dells »