General Discussion General discussion on...anything!

(#1) Old

Send a message via ICQ to ptdmini12 Send a message via MSN to ptdmini12 Send a message via Yahoo to ptdmini12
Default Question regarding warranty "trade-in and pay mo fo a better rig " policy. - 06-30-2009, 11:48 PM

Got a half baked idea here:

I guess I could call dell, figured I'd ask you'all before I go through the hastle.
Is it possible to trade in my mini 12 while under warranty and pay the difference between of whatever the initial purchase price was and the price of a new system of my choice?
Seems like this should be an option for mini12 owners who are 3 months into warranty; because of the overall CRAP performance of the poulsbo driver issues.
I want to go Volstro. maybe even studio... am I delusional?

naw... just stonned.

Atom Z520@1.33 | Windows 7100
  (#2) Old

Default 07-01-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptdmini12 View Post
naw... just stonned.
Stonned? I dunno man, sounds like you might be what I called "bouldered"...

All joking aside though... I've never heard of an official "trade-up" program, but that doesn't mean they don't have one. In all likelyhood though, you're best bet would be to hope you could just return it outright, wait for a credit to your account and then repurchase brand new. Then again, maybe I'm just stonned too.......

(click... click... FYOOOMMM!! ........phlurglphlurglphlurglphlurglllll........ hhhfffFFFTTT.......... ggkkk... ggkkk... exhales explosively and coughs uncontrollably...)

What??? I was just doing my impersonation of firing up an old Model T...sheesh!!
  (#3) Old

Default 07-01-2009, 10:20 PM

P.S. Vancouver...AWESOME!!! I'm moving from Texas to Seattle in just over a month...can't wait to step off that bus and breath that fresh Pacific Northwest air!!! Anyways, back to you regularly scheduled Mini-programming...
  (#4) Old

Send a message via ICQ to ptdmini12 Send a message via MSN to ptdmini12 Send a message via Yahoo to ptdmini12
Default 07-01-2009, 10:59 PM

word, thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyruste View Post
P.S. Vancouver...AWESOME!!! I'm moving from Texas to Seattle in just over a month...can't wait to step off that bus and breath that fresh Pacific Northwest air!!! Anyways, back to you regularly scheduled Mini-programming...
Ya dude, your gonna like it up here. No better place to live, we got forests, rainforests, plains, desert, beaches, mountians, snow, salmon, GREAT herb. Your in for a treat. Not to mention all the F'n beer we got. Its gotten crazy in receint years due to all the microbreweries. Yeah, the organic movement is strong up here as well. Be sure to visit Portland.

Atom Z520@1.33 | Windows 7100
  (#5) Old

Default 07-13-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptdmini12 View Post
word, thanks for the replies.

Ya dude, your gonna like it up here. No better place to live, we got forests, rainforests, plains, desert, beaches, mountians, snow, salmon, GREAT herb. Your in for a treat. Not to mention all the F'n beer we got. Its gotten crazy in receint years due to all the microbreweries. Yeah, the organic movement is strong up here as well. Be sure to visit Portland.
mini 12 is hell... =]

Mini 10V | 1.6GHz | 2GB | 16GB SSD | GMA 950 | OSX | ~$180ish | Wireless-N | 6-Cell |
M1340 | 2.4GHz x2 | 4GB | 320GB 7.2K-RPM | Nvidia SLi 9400M + 9200GS | 7-RTM | $500.00 | WEI: 5.3 |
  (#6) Old

Default 07-16-2009, 05:41 AM

It's possible in theory, although it's not likely unless you've been put through some serious crap by customer service, buyer's remorse is probably not going to be enough, Dell would have to have screwed things up first. The return period is 21 or 30 days depending on the type of system, inside that you can get a refund and buy a different system, outside that not so much. You may have to sell that computer and use the money towards buying a Vostro instead. Personally I prefer Latitudes to Vostros.

Unix fanatic
Vostro A90, 16GB SSD, 2GB DDR2, US-INTL Keyboard, FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE
Latitude E6400N, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 320GB, Opensolaris 2009.06 updated to build 118
Dell Tech Support agent

« Quicken is too big for my screen?! | Dell Inspiron 13 appears on Dell Singapore site »