Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

(#1) Old

Default KOTOR - 11-15-2008, 08:33 PM

I've tested this myself,and the game seemed mostly unplayable,had really low FPS and studdered a lot.

however,Scruffy seems to think that it,and Battlefront 2 are playable.(I saw his sig)

Havent tried BF2,but I dont see how it could be playable, theres just too much goin on at once.

Anyone else tried either of these games on the mini?

Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*
  (#2) Old

Default Re: KOTOR - 11-30-2008, 05:18 AM

Trust me BF2 is deff playable Kotor wasnt that much but it was playable enough to wear I could stand it since its not a fps or anything lagg doesnt matter that much to me. BF2 works wonderful though install it wait for it to load the screen will go black but it will run just wait a minute or 2. Turn down the graphics all the way down and it runs as fast as it would if you had the xboxcd and put it in your xbox why dont you stop relying on others and try it yourself??? But trust me when I say it runs better then halo on low settings without the no video thing although it takes much longer to load to some like me the 2 minute frozen and/or black screen wait is worth it.

Dell mini 9 Gamer Battlefront 2, Halo and World of Warcraft !!!
My Dell mini specs :
OS: Windows Ram:2 gigSSD:16 gig(16 SD card) Graphics: GMA 950
Processor: 1.6 GHZ (Hope they upgrade there Atom processors soon !!)
  (#3) Old

Default Re: KOTOR - 11-30-2008, 05:26 AM

meant to say graphics lagg doesnt annoy me if it isnt that bad and its not a First person shooter(FPS) or something like that. Which in my opinion Kotor didnt have that bad of graphics lagg with low settings although I will admit sometimes it was really bad.

Dell mini 9 Gamer Battlefront 2, Halo and World of Warcraft !!!
My Dell mini specs :
OS: Windows Ram:2 gigSSD:16 gig(16 SD card) Graphics: GMA 950
Processor: 1.6 GHZ (Hope they upgrade there Atom processors soon !!)
  (#4) Old

Default 06-15-2009, 08:16 PM

for the most part,KOTOR actually is definetely playable,if you can deal with the lag. But this is an RPG,and you can pause the game at any time to give commands to your players.

The swoop races are mostly unplayable. I did complete the race on Taris (on the first try for both races you have to complete to further progress in the game),however,I got to Tatooine, and the race there is too laggy to beat the times. However, the kewl thing about KOTOR is,you can put it on an external drive and run it from any computer,because its not dependant on the registry. So I can run it on my desktop just to beat the swoop races for the cash.

If I manage to complete the game,ill try KOTOR II, im about 10 hours into KOTOR now

Mini Gaming Addict List of Playable Games Current Favorite: Darwinia
*Sold My Mini 9*

« SmartGear Netbook edition beta | Star Wars Galaxies »