Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

(#11) Old

Default 07-23-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul View Post
I remember I had my MSI Wind before I returned it. There was a huge debate with 2GB or 1GB.. it never got resolved. Msi wind had the cool Turbo boost option, that boost the atom to 1.9GHz. I hope SETFSB overclocking allows the dell mini 10v to reach up that high as well. That and than with 400MHz GMA, it should be good =].
I am new here and just trying to work my way through the forums to find various information. I just got a Mini 10v and thought that it was not upgradable from the 1GB to the 2GB. Also, when I downloaded my games from big fish games I am having trouble viewing the entire game (no full screen, shows up at a smaller box cutting the bottom 1/2 inch off with no ability to scroll down, thought this was due to resolution limitations) unless I change the resolution to 800x600 and then I get the full screen but very slow and not very clear. I have called Dell tech support but they couldn't seem to make any difference other than the 800x600 res.

I thought it might be easier just to post here and ask my questions. Is there anyway to get a full screen with a better resolution when playing these downloaded games or an I limited to the 800x600? I have heard about overclocking and am not sure what it is and how it will help. I haven't tried to watch my TV shows from Hulu yet to see how that works but has anyone been able to view HD shows or movies? I know that some machines are very limited as far as viewing HD content (ACER).

I am still trying to work my way through the forum to find various answers for my questions because I am sure they are here but the forum has so much information it can be overwhelming.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  (#12) Old

Default 07-31-2009, 08:35 PM

XP Performance Tweaks

good site for xp performance tweaks!

« Command & Conquer | Emulation on Dell mini 9 »