Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

(#1) Old

Default Good RPG's that I got working! - 11-02-2008, 08:51 PM

Ok folks, for any of you Sega Dreamcast or PS1 fans out there, you will be happy to know, that if you can find a PC copy of the follow games (they are getting harder and harder to come by), they run perfectly on the Mini! These games are Grandia 2, Phantasy Star Online (and yes there are a few servers still up and running, I have played on them on my mini) and the almighty Final Fantasy 7!!! Granted, FF7 is not that graphically instense even for the modest specs of the mini, but Grandia 2 is and it runs very, very smooth on highest settings, easily over 50fps, though that has not been verified. Phantasy Star online however, needs to be turned to a bit, but not completely low. If you run it on high, it has some draw issue on the really open maps that cause its frame rate to drop down to about 15-20. That is still playable but annoying. Just set your graphics no higher than medium and it will run smooth. Well I just thought I would pass on the good news to my fellow nostalgic gamers out there and for those of you who are not familiar with these games (all maybe 2 of you) they are some of the best rpg's ever made and Phantasy Star is an MMO! On a personal bias Grandia 2 is a far superior game than FF7 both on game play and most certainly on graphics, this game looks and plays sooooo great on the Mini! Well, I am out... happy gaming.

Ascension

"Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me"

Carbon Fiber Overlay, XPsp3, 2gb RAM, RC64gbSSD, 16gbSDHC, 1.3MP Webcam, BT, Microsoft ARC wireless mouse
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Good RPG's that I got working! - 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM

Sounds pretty cool. I was just about to set up my dreamcast--why didn't people love them? I loved the control and you could burn games for it with no mods!
  (#3) Old

Default 05-23-2009, 01:26 AM

How did you get the controls to work since the mini doesn't have a num-pad? I've been playing FF7 on an emulator, but I'd love to get the PC version to work.

Mini 9 | Obsidian Black | Atom 1.6 Ghz | 16 Gb SDD | 2 Gb RAM | Windows XP SP3 | 16 Gb class 6 SDHC| 1 Tb WD External
  (#4) Old

Default 05-23-2009, 10:36 AM

Nice one, buying a Mini this week and Grandia II is one of my fave DC games so I'll cop that too.
  (#5) Old

Default 05-23-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labe0047 View Post
How did you get the controls to work since the mini doesn't have a num-pad? I've been playing FF7 on an emulator, but I'd love to get the PC version to work.
External keyboard perhaps?
  (#6) Old

Default 05-23-2009, 12:58 PM

Ascension - Quick Q about Grandia, have you had any of the video errors that people were reporting or does the game play flawlessly? Also, are you running from CD or using a NOCD crack?

Thanks
  (#7) Old

Default 05-23-2009, 05:52 PM

I am using a Microsoft wired XBOX 360 controller for all my games on the mini and as for a cd rom, i am making images of my disk and running them with alcohol 120.

"Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me"

Carbon Fiber Overlay, XPsp3, 2gb RAM, RC64gbSSD, 16gbSDHC, 1.3MP Webcam, BT, Microsoft ARC wireless mouse
  (#8) Old

Default 07-05-2009, 07:30 PM

P.S.O <33333333333333
i love that game and my best friend still comes over and we play it on the gameqube
must check this out once i get my mini 10v here in a few weeks... maybe months at the rate they keep on pushing it back..... i was supposed to get it on the 1st of this month but now i get it on the 15th.... i ordered it on the 16th.... hope i get it soon!

« Starcraft on Mini12 | Battlefield 1942 Help »