Gaming Discussion on netbook gaming.

(#1) Old

Default ePSXe Runs Great! - 03-10-2009, 05:31 PM

Hey, anyone try out epsxe at all? I'm having excellent results running a few games in ISO format. What's great is that they are not even on the SSD or SDHC. They are on my main computer in another room! Since they were originally accessed via like a 2x CD-ROM (Yes! Seriously 2x!), even 801.11g works it out quite nicely. I've done some tests regarding that. As long as your WiFi doesn't "crap out", it should work great. To me, it's not really worth putting 10-20 PSOne games on a SDHC card or a 64GB SSD. They're just not big enough for [avg] 300-650MB files. On the go, this way, I can take a few and play them at work!

Who says the Dell Mini 9 wasn't for games?

I'm putting Tales of Destiny on my main next. Here come the classics!

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#2) Old

Default Re: ePSXe Runs Great! - 03-15-2009, 03:39 PM

I've just started using it, and was wondering what plugins your are using?
  (#3) Old

Default Re: ePSXe Runs Great! - 03-16-2009, 04:23 AM

I am using all of the basic ones. Pete's D3D driver. ePsxe's SPU Core. Default CDR driver (Although I use ISOs). Nothing fancy. Running at 640x480 with no changed settings.

I am currently running Gran Turismo off of my SDHC card. Miniscule slowdown infrequently, completely playable. I actually was considering editing the SPRs (Vids) down to save space, but I don't really want to go too crazy with it especially b/c that will just create problems.

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#4) Old

Default Re: ePSXe Runs Great! - 03-17-2009, 02:18 PM

Downloading now. Can't wait to play Gran Turismo and the first Tony Hawks game.

Everything's Blue, Everything's Blue In This World, All Fuzzy, Spilling Out Of My Head.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: ePSXe Runs Great! - 03-18-2009, 05:52 PM

Just played R-Type Delta on it. Had text graphic issues not showing up when completing level and continue screen. Otherwise, seems ok. BTW, R-Type Delta is awesome.

(#6) Old

Default Re: ePSXe Runs Great! - 04-01-2009, 07:15 AM

I've just uploaded this with all bios and video files. PM for link.

Everything's Blue, Everything's Blue In This World, All Fuzzy, Spilling Out Of My Head.
  (#7) Old

Send a message via ICQ to EtHANBB
Default 07-10-2009, 11:19 AM

Are there no problems with using Gamepads like XBOX360 (wired) controller ... I mean there are Forece feedback LEDs ... is it working, no problems with enough power?

EtHAN
  (#8) Old

Default 07-10-2009, 03:30 PM

I'm really not sure if force feedback is compatible with epsxe. Epsxe is barely updated anymore.

(#9) Old

Default 07-10-2009, 05:32 PM

I used Ubuntu installed on a usb thumb stick to play Final Fantasy Tactics and Xenogears on my dell mini 9 with pSX. Used the ubuntu in my sig, with those specs. It was a great way to finally play FFT and replay Xenogears. Both were installed on a SDHC 4gb card.

Edit:
Oh, yeah. I used an XBOX360 Wired Controller on the system as well. I know that Ubuntu 8.10 for some reasons had weird issues with it, but 8.04.1 worked fine. I might have to try it with 9.04 and possibly update my Ubuntu Thumbstick install.

Dell Mini 9 Obsidian 2GB RAM Windows XP, Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS on 4 GB USB Stick.
  (#10) Old

Default 07-23-2009, 06:23 PM

ya i finished mgs 1 via expse =D

Alienware M15x|Black|BT|GT 240m|Intel i5|Windows 7 64-bit|

« [OSX] List of Games that are playable | Racing games? »